triangle

How would you clean this?

triangle

DSC_0450.thumb.JPG.786a2d9e8ad4d02991ed39287e8d0b60.JPG

Would you scrape the worst off then weed kill with resolva then pressure wash then fill with sand? 

How much?  It's quite small. Approx 3.5 metres wide by 15 metres long

Pjj
45 minutes ago, triangle said:

DSC_0450.thumb.JPG.786a2d9e8ad4d02991ed39287e8d0b60.JPG

Would you scrape the worst off then weed kill with resolva then pressure wash then fill with sand? 

How much?  It's quite small. Approx 3.5 metres wide by 15 metres long

i would  weed kill it first leave a week , scrape the worst of it off , then apply hypo mix , leave it to dwell for 40 muinits then pressurewasher with flat surface cleaner and do the edges with a vario nozzle ot turbo , let it dry and re sand . Price wise we have a minimum set up price of £150 , that’s not a big area but it’s bad so would be looking for around £250 in total , and wouldn’t be bothered if I didn’t get it 

scottish cleaning service

I would be looking for £300 but I would be sanding the next day. I would hit with my twin turbo nozzle to see how it comes up. If there was still lichen then I would hypo and leave for 45mins. Then I would go over again with single turbo nozzle and rinsing with the vario nozzle, 4 to 5hrs. A hour the next day sanding.

triangle

Would off the shelf - resolva weed killer do it?  I only have a cheap electric pressure washer for such a small job would I be better to hire one for £75?

Pjj
15 hours ago, triangle said:

Would off the shelf - resolva weed killer do it?  I only have a cheap electric pressure washer for such a small job would I be better to hire one for £75?

There is is no point putting weed killer on it if you want to wash it the same day , a karcher isn’t going to look at that you need a decent pressure washer for that at least 15 ltr per muinit and 3000 psi ,if hireing one see if you can get a flat surface cleaner as well as a turbo nozzle it will be quicker , I think you will also need to hypo it as I expect it’s covered in black /silver licken hypo will kill that off pretty  quick , but a pressurewasher on its own might leave marks . 

Ask if anyone on here has a good PW and lives near you then you can half the job. You can also get some practice with a real PW. I cleaned a decking not long ago and it took me 45mins at most but went through 500l of water. Home owner told me that it took her a full day with a karacher and she was knackered.

triangle

Ok I'll hire one.  Just haven't the money for a decent Honda ot

On 14/02/2019 at 16:09, Pjj said:

There is is no point putting weed killer on it if you want to wash it the same day , a karcher isn’t going to look at that you need a decent pressure washer for that at least 15 ltr per muinit and 3000 psi ,if hireing one see if you can get a flat surface cleaner as well as a turbo nozzle it will be quicker , I think you will also need to hypo it as I expect it’s covered in black /silver licken hypo will kill that off pretty  quick , but a pressurewasher on its own might leave marks . 

Was going to use weed killer (resolva) a week or two before pressure washing to kill roots. Was going to cut back the big plants before applying the weed to them. 

Will hire a pressure washer. Cant afford to buy a loncin or Honda at the moment 

Edited by triangle

Don't cut down any weeds because the weedkiller gets absorbed through the leaves so the more the better. Good idea hiring a PW which will give you experience of what one to buy in future.

THL4KEL

Make sure when you hire it they have a turbo nozzle.

triangle
On 16/02/2019 at 12:49, scottish cleaning service said:

Don't cut down any weeds because the weedkiller gets absorbed through the leaves so the more the better. Good idea hiring a PW which will give you experience of what one to buy in future.

Hss hire want £147 though for a day for powerful ones. That's ridiculous.   I might just use my little lidl one.  It's quite a small space. 

Edited by triangle

THL4KEL

You're not going to get through that with domestic machine..

Try Jewson. I know by me when I needed to hire a machine, not one supplier had a turbo lance. Luckily I managed to get my old machine fixed on the day it broke down and got through the job. That was an electric industrial pressure machine wash but you cant run continuously with an electric. There only designed to work around four hours max a day. 

Electric are for washing cars. You need petrol/diesel for that drive.

£147 that's good to know. It means if anyone wants to hire one then it will cost that plus fuel and all the hassle doing the job. I need to up my prices and have £150 as minimum rather than a ton, thanks for info @triangle

Ben23

Dont use a domestic machine, people trotting them out gives us all a bad name and puts passers by/relatives off using a pressure washing service in future due to the limited results and time taken on the job (this would take days with a small machine). I'm not being harsh for the sake of it but your going to need something with a bit of grunt (at least 15lpm as stated by the other poster) to make a dent on that lot, ive had dozens of jobs like this that end up taking a reasonable amount of time with an actual machine let alone with a domestic electric pressure washer. Either hire a decent machine and bear the cost while using it as a profitless but educational process or leave it to someone who can make a professional job of it. My approach would be to weedkill with any easily available glyphosate based killer and leave for at least a week, then return to clean it with the FSC and turbo with re-sanding to follow the next dry day, also with the fact I tend not to use hypo as I dont like the potential hazards (not judging anyone who uses it as its a personal choice and the results are often indeed great) I would opt for a biocide treatment post cleaning to kill and prevent recurrance of algae and lichen as those bricks look black, little chance of getting them totally clean with a powerful petrol set up alone and zero chance of getting them in any way acceptable with a domestic appliance.

If by some chance you get it looking reasonable by one method or another then do yourself a favour and offer no assurances against weeds coming back, as in cases like this one they certainly will, and quickly as the roots will be well under the stones and youve no hope of killing the whole lot (not to mention the fresh ones that will be seeded in on the wind almost as soon as the sands been brushed in). leave them with an aftercare sheet advising regular weedkiller application throughout the season and any info on preventing algae/lichen infestation in the future, covers your back and will stop calls 3 months later complaining its a forest again. just my thoughts and a bit of advice. take it or leave it bud