Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Husband got a pressure washer for Xmas!

This was the text back to my ‘your clean is due tomorrow text’! I text back saying no problem but also added in that cleaning windows with a domestic pressure washer from our water (350ppm) is a terrible idea! I’ve done jobs where the garden sprinkler as stained windows beyond belief, so bad that bronze wall doesn’t even shift it! The only way I have found is to soap up the window and with a fresh razer scrape the entire glass two or three times in alternating directions before using the bronze to finish. I will not be going back in 6 months to fix there mistakes That’s for sure. 

Stupid thick customers haven't got a clue what cleaning windows with water entails ?. I hope he blasts any vents on the top frame and soaks the insides ?

its an excuse to get rid of you mate.......of course he s not going to clean windows with a pressure washer...she s probably found a better window cleaner whos reliable and does a good job....??

Last edited by a moderator:
its an excuse to get rid of you mate.......of course he s not going to clean windows with a pressure washer...she s probably found a better window cleaner whos reliable and does a good job....??

I would say you were spot on but i actually never missed a clean with them for a year and i made sure I always looked busy when they were watching. The ‘’my husbands going to do them” has surely been heard by millions but it was more the specifics of actually stating he has a pressure washer to do it! I have seen on katchers adverts before where a woman cleans her windows effortlessly and does it all grinning manically, makes me cringe. 

I would say you were spot on but i actually never missed a clean with them for a year and i made sure I always looked busy when they were watching. The ‘’my husbands going to do them” has surely been heard by millions but it was more the specifics of actually stating he has a pressure washer to do it! I have seen on katchers adverts before where a woman cleans her windows effortlessly and does it all grinning manically, makes me cringe. 

Its after Christmas and they have had the 2nd credit card statement come through the post. They have just paid the minimum amount at the end of January and found that their balance owing has increased after the payment was made. We usually get more cancellations/leave it until spring or even summer just after Christmas. They are trying to balance the books.

I believe you have to look at the positive side. She will be requiring the services of a window cleaner later on in the year when it all goes pear shaped. If she calls on you then you make the decision whether to take her back or not and charge accordingly for a first clean if you do. Maybe she will be too embarrassed to call you back.

Sometimes, people don't listen to advise and they believe what they want to believe. When they are proved wrong they still won't admit it. 

Wow.  I mean wow.  I need one of those.  Most of my customers only want the bottom 1/3 of their windows sprayed with tap water and all the **** out of their gutters blown everywhere so that kit is ideal.  How much is it?

I would say @spruce has hit the nail on the head this year more so I've had people price shopping so people are evaluating their finances, I have also said before on here there is a guy in his 60's in an area I clean that pressure washes his own windows then goes up a ladder and dries them off  ? ?

I would say @spruce has hit the nail on the head this year more so I've had people price shopping so people are evaluating their finances, I have also said before on here there is a guy in his 60's in an area I clean that pressure washes his own windows then goes up a ladder and dries them off  ? ?

Our neighbour behind us (we have 5 neighbours sharing our back fences) has pressure washed his own upstairs windows for the past 20 years we have lived in this house. He never dried them off either. Our water tds varies between 79 and 150ppm. It used to be 255 at one time and he still used the same method. Granted, I never inspected them close up so I don't know how spotty they were.

They asked me to clean them at the end of last year as something has happened to one of his arms and he has lost the use of it.

I have to be honest; the first clean we did they needed to be done and they came up spotlessly after the same effort we usually put into a first clean. So all his years of Karcher cleaning had no detrimental effect on either his windows or our clean.

Its so sad because they are a lovely old couple and he used to spend all his days tendering his vegetable garden. He always reminded me of my Dad. His vegetable garden out the back was his Paradise, his Garden of Eden. Now his back garden is bare.

Our neighbour behind us (we have 5 neighbours sharing our back fences) has pressure washed his own upstairs windows for the past 20 years we have lived in this house. He never dried them off either. Our water tds varies between 79 and 150ppm. It used to be 255 at one time and he still used the same method. Granted, I never inspected them close up so I don't know how spotty they were.

They asked me to clean them at the end of last year as something has happened to one of his arms and he has lost the use of it.

I have to be honest; the first clean we did they needed to be done and they came up spotlessly after the same effort we usually put into a first clean. So all his years of Karcher cleaning had no detrimental effect on either his windows or our clean.

Its so sad because they are a lovely old couple and he used to spend all his days tendering his vegetable garden. He always reminded me of my Dad. His vegetable garden out the back was his Paradise, his Garden of Eden. Now his back garden is bare.
yes always sad when health or an accident changes  someones live and they can't do what they used to 

Back