Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Proloc or Grippa reel?

Tuffers

I've seen @P4dstar's Proloc and like it. Just wondering if a Grippa would be even better? Anyone got either of the reels? Reviews?

I've nearly got enough money saved for a new reel now ?

I love my grippa reel, I compared it to the others at the show last year, for me it was the clear winner.

I will knock out a review over the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't consider anything other than a leccy reel now they make such a difference.

Personally I get on fine with my d.i.y one does the same as a £600+ jobby.

I have the stainless steel reel and it’s built like a tank! 
What do you think of it , is it good or bad and why .? Ime looking at getting a couple of electric reels and don’t want to make a very expensive mistake ???

Yes mate s and t. Literally fall to bits over time. I’m not the only one either who’s had grief on here with them.

Can you post post a review of the issues that you have had and maybe some pictures ?? It’s always intresting to see all people’s experience with a product good or bad helps the rest of us make an informed Decision what to buy 

Had my hd power up a couple of years now still in great condition and very fast., very narrow which is a big bonus if you use small van like me, honestly no need for snag protection it does get snagged and just stops like any other reel manual or electric probably going to buy another soon for my son as he currently uses the proloc. 

There all pretty similar a standard motor chain and sprocket and a on push button, I would be more concerned what it’s made of stainless will last a long time powder coated or painted steel will start to rust after a while buy a proloc or a purefreedom stainless reel weld a plate on the back add the sprocket and chain and wire it in Iv done that never once had an issue ?? Total cost around £210 

Back