sking

Moss off of Asphalt driveway

sking

Hi,

Was curious of the best way to clean embeeded moss from asphalt driveway...as I'm guessing jet wash will rip up floor. Will hypo work?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20190213-081235_Gallery.jpg

Pjj

With it as bad as that I would spray with a weed killer leave for a week brush off the worst of it then pressure wash using a flat surface cleaner , don’t use the pressure washer on full power cut back the revs if it’s a delicate surface . You could use hypo mix on it but there is a lot of moss there I think weed killer would kill right down into the root system better 

sking
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

With it as bad as that I would spray with a weed killer leave for a week brush off the worst of it then pressure wash using a flat surface cleaner , don’t use the pressure washer on full power cut back the revs if it’s a delicate surface . You could use hypo mix on it but there is a lot of moss there I think weed killer would kill right down into the root system better 

Hi, i really wanted to get it done in a day due to it being a customer wishes!

Unfortunately I don't have a flat surface cleaner...only one for the electric karcher which isn't great!

Ben23

Unfortunatley i have experience with this ****.....moss on tarmac is the worst, reason being its roots have replaced the bitumen between the particles and now when you take the moss out with a pressure washer the particles are coming out too. if you take a pressure cleaning approach your going to strip a lot of tarmac off no matter how low a pressure you use as like I said the moss is going to be holding it together having got in amongst it. best case scenario is to kill the moss (use a mosskiller or weedkiller will do it) take a deck brush and scrape it out after its dead, then persuade your customer to have it restored (check smartseal as they have a good product for that) you can get it looking great but itll be a good amount of work and you'll need to use a bit of caution