Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Part-time to Full-time Window Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cardiff1990

Currently Part-time with the local Council.

Havent yet got the ba..s to take the next step.

Love being my own boss but wife and 3 kids to support.

Would be quite happy earning around £500 a week

Would love to hear if anyone has been in a similar position and how it went ?

Any advice on moving forward would be brilliant.

If you have the grit and determination, you can do it. I'd suggest that you study the forum and any other sources of information you can, to get as much knowledge as possible before you go spending a lot of money. Learn as much as you can. I'd aim to build a DIY system. You'll save a huge amount of money and learn more. There's a good bunch on here with a a great pool of knowledge and experience between them and they're very helpful. I would personally avoid going down the all singing and dancing professionaly fitted route, if you look at the catalogues you'll see it can be a money pit if you're not very careful . I'd say, study, study. Oh and by the way, study so you have a good idea before you spend your hard earned. 

I wish you the very best of luck. ?

PS, I'd guess a lot of us started in fairly similar circumstances to yours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry davy G.

didnt really make myself clear.

I've been going about 5 years now.

got the van signed and system in the back.

crazy what you can earn if your prices are right and round is compact.

as mentioned above I’m part time with the local council which obviously has it perks. 

But really want to take the leap to full time.

looking for some inspiration to take the plunge lol. 

Exscuse the grammar 

Sorry Cardiff, I misunderstood. When you said you were working part time with the local council I didn't realise you were already wìndow cleaning part time.  You're already well on the way, I'd say. Tough making the final step away from regular employment. I'm very glad I did but only you can make the decision for yourself.?

Just make sure that you want to leave a council job with all of the benefits that brings...you might already have a great balance?

If not just go for it.  There's loads of work out there if you do a good job

Just got to be brave.

I was part time for about 18 months before taking the leap.

Kids to support, bills to pay I was scared to death to leave my part time job. I built the round to a bout a grand a month then just went for it, within 6 months I was up to about 2 grand a month, home and dry. 

Back