Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

200 metres of hose?

RyeCleanLiam

Hey Lads. Hope everyone is well. I’m sure this question has been asked before but I’ve searched and can’t find anything suitable without trawling for hours lol I’ve quoted for a commercial job yesterday and it’s come to light that access is an issue for doing the back, as in there is no where to park the van to do the back with 100 metres of hose. I did consider a trolley but I feel this would be too time consuming. So I’m considering using 200 metres of hose which will give me enough to access the backs from the car park. My question is, can a 100 psi pump give enough pressure to the brush head over a 200 metre reel? So anyone with experience of using 200 metre reels will be appreciated. Cheers.

Hey Lads. Hope everyone is well. I’m sure this question has been asked before but I’ve searched and can’t find anything suitable without trawling for hours lol I’ve quoted for a commercial job yesterday and it’s come to light that access is an issue for doing the back, as in there is no where to park the van to do the back with 100 metres of hose. I did consider a trolley but I feel this would be too time consuming. So I’m considering using 200 metres of hose which will give me enough to access the backs from the car park. My question is, can a 100 psi pump give enough pressure to the brush head over a 200 metre reel? So anyone with experience of using 200 metre reels will be appreciated. Cheers.

Yes no no problem we do a large hotel that’s 8 storey high and we join 2x100 meters of microbore together and work at that height it’s fine you might need to increase your flow on the controller a bit 

Back