Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment any good for new business

DeLaCruz

Looking for some professional advice on if this equipment is worth buying for eating up a business ? Looking to start small of course but don’t want to burn money buying something that is not going to be useful for the future - the cost is £550 for : 

500L water bowser 
Heavy duty battery
Motor (plus spare)
Filter and resin
Extension pipes and brushes.

thanks in advance for any feedback (I will try and find out the specific details on the equipment) 

FA450AC1-C109-4D38-80E6-F4A44B144271.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, if someone abuses their van that much I would be sceptical about the quality and condition of everything, on the whole, I would opt for an upright tank as far less likely to have the mess in that pic were he has been flooding the van out with a full tank 

Thanks for the feedback Iron Giant. The equipment is going for 550£ and I went to take a look today - it comes with a Ecolite Glass Fibre telescopic pole, a 500L flat tank, several heads, some extra poles (roadster andunger high access fwiw) - a resin filter tank and marine battery, also two pumps (both work in one spare). 

I am curious of how much a new cleaner setup is if purchased new with good quality equipment ? An anyone link me to some possible threads containing any info ? Thanks again all poster helping much appreciated 

That does look very beat up. I would try pushing the price down if you really want it.

Expect to do a fair amount of repairs and tweaking in the beginning. It won't last forever and thus is not that future proof, but it's a start and you get a bunch of spares and extras with, which is also worth a fair amount. If you intend to continue down the DIY road this is probably ok. You will end up replacing the poles for sure, the couplings and probably the battery in the near future and maybe the tank when you end up wanting a upright model.

If you want longevity and stability without tinkering, buy a ready made premium system from a dealership.

Thanks for the feedback Iron Giant. The equipment is going for 550£ and I went to take a look today - it comes with a Ecolite Glass Fibre telescopic pole, a 500L flat tank, several heads, some extra poles (roadster andunger high access fwiw) - a resin filter tank and marine battery, also two pumps (both work in one spare). 

I am curious of how much a new cleaner setup is if purchased new with good quality equipment ? An anyone link me to some possible threads containing any info ? Thanks again all poster helping much appreciated 

The tank, DI (resin) vessel, pumps and battery may be worth having. The poles don't sound too good. Personally I wouldn't pay more than £150.

For £550 you could buy most of this brand new.

Seek and thee shall find, there is a search bar which will unlock many topics on equipment etc 

Back