Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Holder Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey guys, just got my van ply done, lined and tank in. I'm looking to make some pole holders and there are some good vids on here but most seem to be hung from the roof. The problem I have vw caddy and roof is covered. There are lots of holes on the sides but I'm sure how I would go about installing some type of pole holder or bracket for poles from the side. I have attached pics of the back of van, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . 

20190215_175315.jpg

20190215_175123.jpg

20190215_175245.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did consider taking the liner down but wanted to try side mount options first. Can i ask, what would you use to side mount hangers and how would you go about doing it? Would i have to drill into the metal or is there a way of using the holes currently in van?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did consider taking the liner down but wanted to try side mount options first. Can i ask, what would you use to side mount hangers and how would you go about doing it? Would i have to drill into the metal or is there a way of using the holes currently in van?

Looks like you would have to screw into the metal itself, you could screw a length of gutter down pipe to the side, you would have to drill a hole on the other side of the pipe to allow to to insert a screwdriver to screw it to the van. Alternatively you could get some garage hooks but there’s a chance your pole could pop off over bumps when driving.

i would definite take that roof liner down though, there’s more than likely some threaded holes under it you can fix Munson rings to, looks like you just turn the slotted fixings to remove it.

Cheers lads, I bought a rivet gun and put 4 brackets up, was actually simple, Rivet gun best 10 quid i've ever spent. Cut two pieces of wood, screwed them in and painted them... very similar to Lams above there. Considering getting pipes as they look good but not sure if I need hem yet. Might put some rubber on the wood to stop friction on the poles.

Hey guys, just got my van ply done, lined and tank in. I'm looking to make some pole holders and there are some good vids on here but most seem to be hung from the roof. The problem I have vw caddy and roof is covered. There are lots of holes on the sides but I'm sure how I would go about installing some type of pole holder or bracket for poles from the side. I have attached pics of the back of van, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . 

View attachment 15734

View attachment 15735

View attachment 15736

Looking at the oval slots you have I think you could slot clothes rail into them? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wardrobe-Rail-Oval-Hanging-Chrome-Tube-30x15mm-End-Supports-Cut-To-Size/262159858895?hash=item3d09f1fccf:m:m0OP2VE78ANGzPjKl2NZ2-g. The slots you have might be slightly too near the roof to slide a pole over the rail, just a thought?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking at the oval slots you have I think you could slot clothes rail into them? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wardrobe-Rail-Oval-Hanging-Chrome-Tube-30x15mm-End-Supports-Cut-To-Size/262159858895?hash=item3d09f1fccf:m:m0OP2VE78ANGzPjKl2NZ2-g. The slots you have might be slightly too near the roof to slide a pole over the rail, just a thought?
Never even thought of that, great idea. I have bent brackets downward to get some space away from the roof but I think you are spot on and won't be enough room above the supports.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those metal brackets you have there if you go to screw fix they do much longer ones for 64p each they would give you more clearance.

I too have a caddy and just getting started having a pure freedom system fitted tomorrow,  I will also be making some pole holders from the roof .

Good to see how someone else fits out a caddy thanks.

Back