Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rubber sheet instead of ply lining

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maund

Thinking of taking out the ply floor out as I've noticed some rust appearing along the edges. 

If I purchase this rubber matting, it's 4.5mm thick, and lay it down to go over the edges and lips, would this be better than laying new ply? 

I know about waterproofing the van with GRP I think it's called, but I don't want to be getting into doing that

Screenshot_20190215-222744.jpg

I think that it could be very good. What if it was flexible enough to go up the sides of the van for about say four to six inches without cutting it. Leaving the end or ends, if there are side doors as well by the doors long enough to allow the inevitable water to drain out clear of the floor. If necessary putting rubber matting over it on the floor to buffer the wear and tear. I thought about doing this but I was lucky I didn't need to as my van is an ex Cannon Hygiene van so the floor is already quite well protected. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the thick ribbed matting and its worked well in my van I just put it down over the ply lining and I haven't had an issue with water despite a few spillages which are easily mopped up, Mine goes up the sides a little but I didn't fit it under the tank just up to my upright tank were it curls up a little also, I have found the quality of the matting to be very good and the seller Ark Rubber I think it was as in the pic dispatched it quickly

Back