Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling a window cleaning van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TimsScrims

Hi guys

just wanted to settle something, do you think a window cleaning van is more sought after than a van that is empty? Im planning to upgrade in the next couple months and if pennys allow get grippatank or someone else to fit my system.

my current van is a fiat doblo doblo maxi, nearly 40,000 miles, ‘15 plate - not van signed, will have full mot next month and service. The set up was diy, but fitted with all the necessaries...leisure batt/relay kit/flow controller, 2 gutter pole holders, not waterproofed but rubber matting down, 500L transparent tank, waterworks power reel.

anyway what im trying to figure out is, is it worth just selling it as a window cleaning van so someone can customise it to their own needs but can still work with it, or recycle all my bits for my new set up, which is more aggravation/effort/time? Or will i not really gain much money if its a window cleaning van or not?

cheers!!

I would have thought you would get more interest selling the van separate and selling the system or gear seperate

I would have thought you would get more interest selling the van separate and selling the system or gear seperate
I agree, you are better selling the van as a van and sell or reuse any equipment.

Loads of people looking for decent tidy small vans. ?

I currently have a van and system for sale and it is agro.I get five or six enquires a day and 90% are not serious.

I am fortunate not to be in a rush or desperate to sell if I had it would be a problem.

Sell the van separately and remove the tank you will sell it quicker.

Thanks for the replys.

thats what common sense would tell me, but others like grippatank told me that window cleaning vans fetch more interest so that window cleaners can just up and go - but i would assume you’re hitting a much smaller market. I do like the thought of selling the van as a package though for convenience, but if its going to take an age to sell then theres no point i guess. Does anyone know best thing to do to sell the equipt second hand, if i go for a company to sort me out?

I would of thought selling a dedicated window cleaning van reduces potential buyers. People who may be interested are window cleaners, pressure washers, valetors, maybe drain jetters.. Not every one is going to want the water ports connections on side of the van. Also the price of the van is a lot higher than the same a similar van due to the equipment inside which most may not want/need.

Back