Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power Up HD Reel Hose ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wasn't sure it came with any hose.

It will take 80 meters of 8mm (minibore) hose comfortably or 100 meters of 6mm (microbore) hose. 6mm is the favourite from what I understand from users.

WCW say its only compatable with 6mm hose.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/powerup-hd.html
I wasn't expecting the hose myself to be honest.

Fantastic that's perfect, thanks spruce. Just sorting out van tedious job. Tank bolted, reel done, hooks and storage done... now just figuring out how to store the poles!

Last edited by a moderator:
On top of your new gutter vac, you're splashing out lately ?
Haha, well I share the vac, so was only £312 each as we kept the original poles.

But once I get the tax bill paid in July for next years bill, I’d like to get a electric reel,I believe they are worth the money 

They do but then they sell the Proloc and only offer it with 8mm hose. The Proloc is the power up without the power ?‍♂️?‍♂️

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/proloc-heavy-duty-reel.html

Also @Daniel Perkins I would also add that having seen the quality of 6mm hose they supply at WCW you would be much better buying the higher quality version from Gardiners.
Hey mate, what hose would you recommend from gardiners? Was using the blue exceed hose on my PF trolley previously.

Hey mate, what hose would you recommend from gardiners? Was using the blue exceed hose on my PF trolley previously.

That’s the right one. You can see the difference in quality with how thin the WCW one is in comparison to the one from Gardiners. The Gardiners one fills the reel nicely whereas the WCW has lots of spare room

Lots of cleaners recommend this

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hoses/reel-and-system-hoses/microbore-trade-reinforced-hose-6mm-id-11-5mm-od.html

I purchased 100 meters of it to replace my minibore but I haven't changed the hose yet.
Cheers, not too pricey either. I have my poles with univalves with about 10 inches of 8mm hanging out end of each pole with john guest attachment, Would I be best just using the 11.5 throughout?

For now I had to use a fitting to join both houses which have different diameters. Looks a mess too

20190217_084604.jpg

20190217_084918.jpg

I have a Maypole smart charger, do I need to disconnect any of the cables attached to the battery before I connect the smart charger?

If you are leaving the battery in the van permanently, then no.

I have made up a lead which is connected to the positive to the controllers and an earth to the battery via the chassis. I just plug the charger in. The connectors are those Anderson golf trolley charge connectors.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-ANDERSON-POWERPOLE-30AMP-PLUGS-WITH-RUBBER-SLEEVES-GOLF-TROLLEY-KIT-CAR-RC/230957702625?epid=1231761358&hash=item35c626dde1:g:~CEAAOxye3BRwiJ2:rk:69:pf:0

I've done this for the past 10 years. These connectors join togther in such a way that its impossible to connect them incorrectly.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are leaving the battery in the van permanently, then no.

I have made up a lead which is connected to the positive to the controllers and an earth to the battery via the chassis. I just plug the charger in. The connectors are those Anderson golf trolley charge connectors.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-ANDERSON-POWERPOLE-30AMP-PLUGS-WITH-RUBBER-SLEEVES-GOLF-TROLLEY-KIT-CAR-RC/230957702625?epid=1231761358&hash=item35c626dde1:g:~CEAAOxye3BRwiJ2:rk:69:pf:0

I've done this for the past 10 years. These connectors join togther in such a way that its impossible to connect them incorrectly.
Battery will be in the van permanently, just wanted to double check before I connected the charger. My expertise of diy electrics is pretty abysmal, even that looks complicated to me lol

One more queryif you don't mind. I got that 11.5mm Gardiner hose today. Do you use that size throughout your hose setup or do you have a narrower outer diameter hose that goes inside the pole and just use reinforced the 11.5mm to run across roads etc? 

Basically I have just been using the 8mm hose (one from WCW and one from Exceed) throughout on my trolley reel and hoseless through pole. At the moment I have 8mm hose inside pole and about a foot hanging out with push fit connector that I connect up to about 40m of 8mm on the trolley. I was finding the ez snap were getting caught at end of pole when extending the pole and popping off. 

I'm not sure if I have to change my push fit connectors back to ez snap now to accommodate the new hose or either have 11.5cm throughout whole setup and get a connector that connects 11.5mm outer diameter to 8mm. I'm babbling at bit, hopefully pics explain it a bit better.

20190219_121831.jpg

20190219_120833.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Battery will be in the van permanently, just wanted to double check before I connected the charger. My expertise of diy electrics is pretty abysmal, even that looks complicated to me lol

One more queryif you don't mind. I got that 11.5mm Gardiner hose today. Do you use that size throughout your hose setup or do you have a narrower outer diameter hose that goes inside the pole and just use reinforced the 11.5mm to run across roads etc? 

Basically I have just been using the 8mm hose (one from WCW and one from Exceed) throughout on my trolley reel and hoseless through pole. At the moment I have 8mm hose inside pole and about a foot hanging out with push fit connector that I connect up to about 40m of 8mm on the trolley. I was finding the ez snap were getting caught at end of pole when extending the pole and popping off. 

I'm not sure if I have to change my push fit connectors back to ez snap now to accommodate the new hose or either have 11.5cm throughout whole setup and get a connector that connects 11.5mm outer diameter to 8mm. I'm babbling at bit, hopefully pics explain it a bit better.

View attachment 15772

View attachment 15773

The hose you have received is 100m of microbore if that's what you ordered.

I don't know the outside diameter of it but 11.5mm sounds correct as my minibore is well worn and is 13mm od.

What you do with the connection from the minbore hose to your pole hose is up to you.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd has a Youtube video on the very subject.

Exceed has that sleeve that goes over an EZ Snap connector that protects the inside of the pole as its being drawn up inside.

I have shelved this idea for a future time as I feel drawing that minibore hose up inside the pole will make the pole heavier and less easy to manage.  But the pro to this is that you won't get the pole hose to microbore coupling wedged on every corner. I might look at this again when I change the hose on the reel to microbore.

At the moment we do as the majority do and have a full length of pole hose which will extend out of the bottom of the pole by a couple of meters when the pole is fully extended.

Thanks very much for that, that's exactly what I needed to know. I use the same except using push fit instead of ez snap. So either I get a few male ez snap connectors or I try and find push fit that connects different sized hoses. Is that the slick connect? I wasn't sure they would fit up my poles.

Thanks very much for that, that's exactly what I needed to know. I use the same except using push fit instead of ez snap. So either I get a few male ez snap connectors or I try and find push fit that connects different sized hoses. Is that the slick connect? I wasn't sure they would fit up my poles.

A slick connect will not fit up inside your pole.

I was referring to this

https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/tubeless-upgrades/protective-ejector-sleeve/

If you decided to buy this sleeve it would be for pole hose only. I don't know if it can be adapted to suit an EZ Snap connector into microbore hose.

Latest Posts

Back