Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van system still

Craigmac

Still looking to buy a van system. I am to tight to pay for the likes of a grippa tank setup and have basically narrowed it down to the below. (unless someone knows of other options for the same price).

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/build-your-own-di-waterfed-pole-kit-2276-p.asp

Comes to just short of £800 (battery included no frame)

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/500l-framed-budget-di-system-6379-p.asp

frame included - no battery. £1265.50.

cannot fathom why the second option is over £400 more just for a frame and minus the £70 battery that is included in the first system.

I already have 2 x Gardiners backpacks and an slx pole. 

opinions please 

I bought the PF 50 litre trolley system but within 9 months I bought a tank and stripped the trolley of pump etc and used them with the tank.

If I was to do it again I would set it all up myself it's so easy.....double Di, tank, pump, battery and controller at what?...around £500/£550 for decent gear then a pole of your choice and hose reel.......

Hi there, if you already have pole and backpack then you will need tank, pump, controller, hose and reel.

DIY setup, 250ltr minimum tank, low amp pump, streamflo etc, pwm controller, leisure battery and claber reel and 6mm hose. 

If you source items separately, should come in cheaper than Cleaning warehouse. 

Still looking to buy a van system. I am to tight to pay for the likes of a grippa tank setup and have basically narrowed it down to the below. (unless someone knows of other options for the same price).

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/build-your-own-di-waterfed-pole-kit-2276-p.asp

Comes to just short of £800 (battery included no frame)

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/500l-framed-budget-di-system-6379-p.asp

frame included - no battery. £1265.50.

cannot fathom why the second option is over £400 more just for a frame and minus the £70 battery that is included in the first system.

I already have 2 x Gardiners backpacks and an slx pole. 

opinions please 
What size tank are they selling on the first link?

from what u can see the only real difference between the 2 is one comes with the cage and with parts fitted.

the cheaper one cost a little more than the link shows because I upgraded to 500 litre tank added a leisure battery and removed the pole. saving over £400 compared to the caged version.

I would simply say the biggest issue with the package is the hose on the reel, advertised as Super Tuff and it simply isn't within 6 months I noticed signs of wear the blue outer wears out a whole load faster and to me isn't worth the money. 

If you already have 2 backpacks, take the pump box off one and use that. Buy a tank, fix it to your van and you’re away.

If you already have 2 backpacks, take the pump box off one and use that. Buy a tank, fix it to your van and you’re away.
do you think the pump in a Gardiners backpack is powerful enough to do the job? I am looking at a 500 litre tank. Also how much life would I get out of the Gardiners battery compaired to a leisure battery.

I personally couldn't see a Gardiners backpack been capable of pumping water through100m of hose as a van mount, I assume you are capable of fitting the tank frame yourself or have someone to do so that's sorted.

Don't get hung up on a package look at buying separate components of a system to get the best for your money even if it may cost just a little more otherwise you will end up spending more money down the line, Consider that if you will be working out the backdoors of your van no point having a controller mounted on a frame of a tank otherwise you will be clambering in the back of the van to turn it on or off and checking settings.  

I personally couldn't see a Gardiners backpack been capable of pumping water through100m of hose as a van mount, I assume you are capable of fitting the tank frame yourself or have someone to do so that's sorted.

Don't get hung up on a package look at buying separate components of a system to get the best for your money even if it may cost just a little more otherwise you will end up spending more money down the line, Consider that if you will be working out the backdoors of your van no point having a controller mounted on a frame of a tank otherwise you will be clambering in the back of the van to turn it on or off and checking settings.  

They run it through easily.

more extra word

reading the other threads on working from cars has made me question a van system. Yes it is no doubt easier than a back pack.

currently have 2 x Gardiner backpacks and 5 x 25 litre containers. 

that makes me just short of 200 litres. 

I can buy a further 6 x 25 litre containers for £25.00. 

so for £25.00 I can bring myself up for 350 litres.  

so do I put up with using the back pack and trolley and spend a massive £25.00 

or spend £1000 plus on something that cleans the windows just the same! 

reading the other threads on working from cars has made me question a van system. Yes it is no doubt easier than a back pack.

currently have 2 x Gardiner backpacks and 5 x 25 litre containers. 

that makes me just short of 200 litres. 

I can buy a further 6 x 25 litre containers for £25.00. 

so for £25.00 I can bring myself up for 350 litres.  

so do I put up with using the back pack and trolley and spend a massive £25.00 

or spend £1000 plus on something that cleans the windows just the same! 
Depends how old and fit you are. The other question is can you afford to now. It might pay you to save up a bit more, get some more work, and then invest in a bigger better van than you can afford to now.

Depends how old and fit you are. The other question is can you afford to now. It might pay you to save up a bit more, get some more work, and then invest in a bigger better van than you can afford to now.
I can afford it now however I am young and fit and my only concern at the moment is running out of water. I can almost double the water I carry just for the sake of £25. 

I like the sound of having a system in the van but do not have a huge customer base for windows just yet and just doing 3 houses a day (along with the internal cleaning business) sways me to think I do not need a system just yet and a £25 upgrade will see me for the time being. 

I can afford it now however I am young and fit and my only concern at the moment is running out of water. I can almost double the water I carry just for the sake of £25. 

I like the sound of having a system in the van but do not have a huge customer base for windows just yet and just doing 3 houses a day (along with the internal cleaning business) sways me to think I do not need a system just yet and a £25 upgrade will see me for the time being. 

Silly season is round the corner! Customer comes up to you in the street and asks you to take them on... your first thought is, have I got enough water with me to do that job? Get a van mount and then you'll be prepared for most eventualities ?. I expanded a hell of a lot when I went van mount. Car and barrels won't give you room to expand massively imo.

Well if you can afford to then looking at your current situation I don't think you need to. As long as you've got the finances in place to be able to switch quickly if you have to then, personally, I'd sit and wait to see where work takes you. Only take a couple of weeks to get a van bought, kitted out and up and running. Doubt any job that might come along will need to be done quicker than that. What I would look at doing is getting a decent filtration system and water storage in place just in case.

A van mount will be so much quicker and easier to work with rather than back pack and barrels, especially when you start picking up more work , if you can afford it that’s definitely the route I would go down 

Silly season is round the corner! Customer comes up to you in the street and asks you to take them on... your first thought is, have I got enough water with me to do that job? Get a van mount and then you'll be prepared for most eventualities ?. I expanded a hell of a lot when I went van mount. Car and barrels won't give you room to expand massively imo.
I do have a vivaro so can hold a few barrels 

Well if you can afford to then looking at your current situation I don't think you need to. As long as you've got the finances in place to be able to switch quickly if you have to then, personally, I'd sit and wait to see where work takes you. Only take a couple of weeks to get a van bought, kitted out and up and running. Doubt any job that might come along will need to be done quicker than that. What I would look at doing is getting a decent filtration system and water storage in place just in case.
I live in South Wales. soft water around here so just DI 

Back