Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole water marks

Wookie

Hi all,

I'm new to this and I'm using a WFP system with pure water at TDS of 0 and I'm getting light drip marks when windows are dry.

Is this dirt off the frames?

Hope someone can help ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I'm new to this and I'm using a WFP system with pure water at TDS of 0 and I'm getting light drip marks when windows are dry.

Is this dirt off the frames?

Hope someone can help ?
When we first moved to wfp from trad we needed to wash and scrub the window and frame first, rinse well and then move onto the next window. We bought a compact round so we cleaned 2 or 3 houses and then came back to the first house and cleaned the glass only and the transom bars. There were a couple of windows we had to clean a third time but we only had drama with one downstairs lounge window that we had to eventually blade off.

The next clean they all dried fine without spots.

It takes time to develop a wfp cleaning technique. Even so we still spend a lot of time on doing a first clean to get it right so there is no drama with the next clean. I always go back a few hours later with a new clean to check.

However, there are still some windows that still spot after 14 years of wfp. We always have drama with the 2 fly windows that open above a large pain of glass underneath. We always get streeks in the middle of the glass.

There is one house we do where all the upstairs windows, the lounge window and the kitchen windows are this design. We start by cleaning all the top openers of the top and bottom windows. We then do the lower glass on the top windows. We then leave and do other houses on the estate. We come back to that house later in the day when the cleaned windows have dried and do all the rest of the windows. Its a pain but she's a nice neighbour. 

For spotting our lounge window is the worst on the round. Its south facing and it has never come right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some windows just don’t clean with wfp . Absolutely shocking seeing spotting on some windows that I’ve went back to collect. Seems more noticeable at night with a light shining on them. The majority of the problematic windows have thick dirty black seals that leak like bitches 

That's a relief to me as like yourselves I always check the work if out collecting or certain windows give you spots and runs thought I was doing it wrong for a while but I suppose it's the same as missing the traditional way but still believe wfp is better 

I'm changing a round to wfp just now and it's not fun! Firstly I've had a lot of experience changing runs over so I knew what to expect but **** me some are a pita! I've walked up the streets the next day and picked off a few windows with the backpack and on some windows (only a few) just bladed the bottom large pain as with the amount of dirt on the wooden frames it was too time consuming to wfp it. I had notified them beforehand that it would take a couple of cleans and said if they're bad let me know and I'll reclean the next day I'm in the area, I've not had and calls but as above I've spotted some bad ones!

Latest Posts

Back