Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro system 40/40

Johnwindow1987

Hi all just looking for bit of info. 

If my water is 120 TDS going in to system what should TDS be after the two pre filters before the membrane just so I know. I’m still getting 90 TDS from pre filters thanks for help 

Personally never checked, only time I check is after R/O and after DI. Something @sprucemight be able to shine some light on.

I have commented personally to @Johnwindow1987.

For anyone else who maybe curious about this my reponse was that I have never noticed much of a difference in the tap water tds after its gone through the prefilters. As you stated, the most important 2 readings that concern me is the tds of the pure after r/o and the tds of the pure after di.

Our tap water fluctuates between 79 and 150ppm. Its usually around 125ppm. The pure from my r/o will be either 2 or 3ppm at any given time. If I see it at 4 then I will test my tap water and have a tweek of the waste gate to improve the output.

For the benefit of @Johnwindow1987I use Fiberdyne carbon block prefilters. My 20" gives me a chlorine removal service life of 75,000 liters adhering to the manufacturer's specifications. I stick to that replacement routine and my HF5 membrane is 6½ years old. This service level includes both pure and waste. A Fiberdyne filter lasts the 2 of us between 3 and 4 months depending on water useage.

Back