Mr Clean

Back pack - to trolly and hose reel set up advice

Mr Clean

Hi, I have used a very basic set up using gardiner back pack and have tried before setting up a trolly set up with it but was not very good.  I am building my round very well now and want to have a trolly set up with the gardiner back pack.  I have a few questions and am seeking a walk through if possible on what I need and any fresh new ideas, new bits that maybe out recently.

1) What is a decent SMALL trolly I can put the back pack on as I wont use it to wheel around much just to house the back pack and the pole hose length will let me work a distance

2) What SMALL HOSE REAL do people recommend now? smaller the better I only want like 20meter of pole hose on it.

3) What fittings are currently the best to use and what kit list will i require to get water from back pack to brush.

4) How would you secure the back pack to the trolley what would I need and best place to buy from?

Thank you in advance, I am not the greatest at DIY stuff so help is appriciated. Plus I notice that there are new ideas and ways always coming up, dont want to spend to much but can spend a bit.

Cheers, thank you so much, take care

Iain jones

Hi I have two Gardner back packs and I have put then on a sack truck but make sure you buy one that the handles fold down

IMG_20190126_114003.jpg

Mr Clean

Hi Ian, thats is great. yes i need a small one and one that the handles fold down....I am on the hunt not founf a great one yet:)

Iain jones
1 minute ago, Mr Clean said:

Hi Ian, thats is great. yes i need a small one and one that the handles fold down....I am on the hunt not founf a great one yet:)

I got mine from a company called Tooled up £49.99

It's called handy THFST folding sack truck. 

I'll find a picture of the sack truck on its own 

Iain jones

There you go 2 photos 1 folded down the other ready to go

IMG_20190126_114050.jpg

IMG_20190126_114029.jpg

Cleanco

You want a wolfcraft 100kg heavy duty sack truck from screwfix. It’s light and robust and also folds away to next to nothin. It also comes with a really good bungee that will keep the backpack in place. I looked at a few small reels and found a good one on eBay that had 30 metres of hose specifically made for window cleaning but in the end I got a hose lock pico reel. It’s extemely light but only has 8 meters of hose on it but can fit a lot more on if you swap it out for some 6mm id hose. The existing hose on the reel is 8mm id. I use a rectus 21 to connect to the backpack then slick connects to connect to my poles. I’ll get a pic uploaded later. 

Chandlers
stevie c

the handy one for me have been using now for 4 years great for going up and down curbs 

Scots lad

I would recommend the handy as well