champers999

Keeping water warm.

champers999

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get my head around a few things as I will shortly be trying to start a small round.

I have been watching lots of useful videos etc and reading a lot on here.

But how on earth do you guys get and keep warm water clean and warm on your rounds (I'm assuming that it's a bucket of fresh warm water at each house?) or how to you manage your water.

Thanks in advance all.

Nudel

Warm water is not necessary for traditional window cleaning, it's comfortable, a tad faster and makes it a bit easier when cleaning in negative degrees, but that's about it. I only use it if the windows are very salty (I live by the sea).

I usually fill up hot water from the shower at home, and it lasts a few hours. The only other place I refill is at commercial customers with a cleaning supplies room (? Name eludes me) with a sink. But if needed at domestic the customer probably have a sink in the basement or the second kitchen (which is common here).

You change your water when it's dirty. I don't do much trad work so half a bucket can last me a week or more in the back or the van. It just needs a bit more soap every now and then as I find the effect of the soap deteriorates over time.

champers999

Thank you for getting back to me, I live quite close to the sea as well, glad to hear I don't need to use hot water, but I would still like to hear if any of the Trad window cleaners use warm water on their rounds as normal and if so how.

Thanks Nudel 🙂

High-tower

use a cool box as a bucket and it'll keep your water warm. it doesn't stay warm for long once you are working whatever you do.

Cleanco

I fill a 25 litre drum out my hot water tap every mornin. Even on the coldest days it stays warm till dinner in the van and just take what I need in my bucket. Warm water isn’t needed but makes life easier on your hands first thing. Certainly don’t need a fresh bucket for every house. Fill your bucket about half way and only change when dirty or there’s none left. Recently tried a spray bottle but way too time consuming for dirty outsides especially at this time of year. Great for insides though. 

paulben

Only use half a gallon a day and always cold ( waste from r/o ) hot water freezes quicker in freezing weather