Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping water warm.

champers999

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get my head around a few things as I will shortly be trying to start a small round.

I have been watching lots of useful videos etc and reading a lot on here.

But how on earth do you guys get and keep warm water clean and warm on your rounds (I'm assuming that it's a bucket of fresh warm water at each house?) or how to you manage your water.

Thanks in advance all.

Warm water is not necessary for traditional window cleaning, it's comfortable, a tad faster and makes it a bit easier when cleaning in negative degrees, but that's about it. I only use it if the windows are very salty (I live by the sea).

I usually fill up hot water from the shower at home, and it lasts a few hours. The only other place I refill is at commercial customers with a cleaning supplies room (? Name eludes me) with a sink. But if needed at domestic the customer probably have a sink in the basement or the second kitchen (which is common here).

You change your water when it's dirty. I don't do much trad work so half a bucket can last me a week or more in the back or the van. It just needs a bit more soap every now and then as I find the effect of the soap deteriorates over time.

Thank you for getting back to me, I live quite close to the sea as well, glad to hear I don't need to use hot water, but I would still like to hear if any of the Trad window cleaners use warm water on their rounds as normal and if so how.

Thanks Nudel ?

use a cool box as a bucket and it'll keep your water warm. it doesn't stay warm for long once you are working whatever you do.

I fill a 25 litre drum out my hot water tap every mornin. Even on the coldest days it stays warm till dinner in the van and just take what I need in my bucket. Warm water isn’t needed but makes life easier on your hands first thing. Certainly don’t need a fresh bucket for every house. Fill your bucket about half way and only change when dirty or there’s none left. Recently tried a spray bottle but way too time consuming for dirty outsides especially at this time of year. Great for insides though. 

Back