Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How far could a big boy push water along a hose??

bungalowdave

Sorry if this has been asked before.. can you advise. I use a big boy in the back of my car... Could i connect a 8ml 100mtr hose extension on a reel? Would it be powerful enough to push the water through?? If not how long a hose do you think it could deal with. Cheers all...

Sorry if this has been asked before.. can you advise. I use a big boy in the back of my car... Could i connect a 8ml 100mtr hose extension on a reel? Would it be powerful enough to push the water through?? If not how long a hose do you think it could deal with. Cheers all...

I tried using a big boy in the back of my van, but I found that he got short of breath, so I invested in a 12v pump and battery. ??????. 

Im going to sound thick now.. how does the pump etc connect  . Do you think the big boy would push 100metres ??
The big boy would probably push 100m but it wouldn't have near enough pressure at the end of it. You literally connect it to the side of the hose reel by plugging it in.

The thing is the Big Boy only holds 20ish litres of water. By the time you've used that and returned to the vehicle to refill it you might as well have just taken a sack truck with some spare water with you.

Back