Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

maxiunum load weight corsa

Josh Foster

Hi can someone tell me or link me to a site that will tell me the maximum load weight for my car. I want to initially use my car for window cleaning wfp just so i know how many barrels i can carry. i have a vauxhaull corsa sxi 1.2 09 plate thanks

How many barrels of water do you think I could take at 25l and a backpack of 22l could I take maybe 4 plus my backpack thanks
Put the back seat down, put the barrels at the top near the front seats and backpack in the passenger well and as long as barrels are secure you should be fine. Three average size adults is circa 250 kgs so you're well under that. 

I worked out of a car around 8 years ago and I wouldn't be tempted to drop the rear seats it will be far safer to have the containers placed in the footwells and boot where there is very little room for movement, you don't want 25kg containers moving around whilst driving. 

I worked out of a car around 8 years ago and I wouldn't be tempted to drop the rear seats it will be far safer to have the containers placed in the footwells and boot where there is very little room for movement, you don't want 25kg containers moving around whilst driving. 
With you driving there is room behind the front seats. Couldn't get a pole behind me ?

I think you also need to consider what you car looks like when its fully loaded. Even if it is within its payload limit you could also be overloading the rear axle.

If it looks overloaded even if it isn't, you could well attract attention from the local Mr Plods.

The first model Berlingo vans (1999 - 2008) were notorious for looking overloaded. The payload of the 'smallest 'van was 600kgs where the people carrier version had a payload of 450kgs. I see the equivalent Corsa van  with a 5 speed gearbox has a 571kg payload.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/vauxhall/corsavan/2014-dimensions/

I wonder what the actual difference is between them. If its just springs then that could be a cheap fix. (I'm not advocating that you do this so you can put more water in the car. I'm just thinking that if the car looks overloaded then this could help to not draw attention to this.) The lads with Blipper vans are finding that the suspension is too soft to carry the full payload. Replacing springs with heavy duty ones helps.

My Citroen Relay swb had monoleaf springs on the back. One broke. Citroen wanted £550 each for them + VAT (should be replaced in pairs). With 4 new mounting U bolts the bill to replace that spring including labour was around £1700 including VAT. I bought a set of twin leaf springs from a manufacturer in Wolverhampton who make springs for 3500kg motor homes. When the motorhome is fully laden the vehicle rides level. It did mean my vans backside was sticking up at the back a bit and it hardly drops when my tank is full of water. The total cost for the springs and fitting was just over £500.

I don't overload the van. Even although the suspension can carry more, the tyres can't and I doubt the brakes can either.

I worked out of a Peugeot 206. I had two back packs, one I put Inthe passengers footwell, the other on the passenger seat and out the belt across.

I then put 7 barrels in the back, with a little set of fold up ladders. With my 22 pole lying across.

I definitely wouldn’t like to find out what would happened if I had a crash over 40mph in it. 

When you can, upgrade to a little van. Even if it’s to carry on using back packs, that’s what I did. I then had a Vauxhall Astra van. Could safely fit 8 barrels & the rest. 

Back