Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

squeegee app woes/questions

kevinc250

morning peeps,just a quick question as I seem to be having some problems with the app and before, asking the app people or tagging them in can I ask ,what am I doing wrong?

lets choose dinner time,i'll use the I pad to swipe right on a job and click done-all well and good so far,its shows in the daily planner as done but even when I sync the I pad at the end of the day maybe one customer out of say ten is showing as owing money, theres nothing in the payments section so in theory I've done the work and been payed but have no record of it if you understand my meaning?. i'm sure its something i'm doing wrong as I am a bit of a technophobe and find these kinda things frustrating to begin with,its a lovely app but wished it did have some of the features cleaner planner has (just trialing this app by the way to see how I go with it before moving over)

thanks for your time

I find it buggy at times.  They keep updating things and odd things happen.  I had 50 duplicate jobs appear in my diary for some reason which properly did my head in.   Im pretty sure it's doing what it should with payments and schedules but I'm not 100% confident which is a worry...

Almost 4 months ago it had issues for me and it still has issues, hence I am sticking with CP which is now also cheaper than Squeegee would be with CP dropping the price and having 100's on GC

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm still with cleaner planner as squeegee is more of a test or transition period,if i'm honest I find the app a joy to use but its not working which is so frustrating,its missed off some jobs today and still after synching theres no owing list,i'm running a business as we all are and I find quite usefull as to who owes money for the work I have done and whilst i'm glad i'm not the only one who's had a few problems I need to be quick on my decision as to which to stay with,cleaner planners been good for me for five years,one month with squeegee is showing issues-which i'm sure can be resolved but is clearly causing confusion somewhere, it could be on my part-I don't know- hopefully it is,but its giving me doubts now as to which product is the way forward for me.

I posted here initially so someone hopefully with the same problem could help me in laymans terms  rather than asking squeegee who may go indepth and explain things/i'd lose intrest and think sod it i'll stick to cp,

I like the app as I can see it working for me-only its not at the moment

Almost 4 months ago it had issues for me and it still has issues, hence I am sticking with CP which is now also cheaper than Squeegee would be with CP dropping the price and having 100's on GC
is cp now cheaper? lordy this word count thing...………………………………………………………………………………………………………..that should do it

ive used cleaner planner for a few years now and dont see why you guys want to change to something else...its ace and does all i need it to do virtually effortlessly and smoothly day in/day out......any problems ive had have been swiftly rectified within a short time....is it because you just want to save a fiver or tenner a month?

I was paying £30 a month for CP but as it's now based in the US there is no vat so £5 a month cheaper for me, Squeegee for me I just look at the screen blankly most of the time nothing seems apparently obvious

I've never used any other software except Squeegee and only used that since November.

The bugs probably aren't bugs, it's probably not understanding some particular function on it. For instance, with nothing on the owing list after completing work, it's probably because they haven't been invoiced either by ticking the options box to auto invoice or swiping a 2nd time to invoice.

And the duplicate jobs could be because you moved work and didn't tick the option to remove the old schedule.

There probably are bugs, but the multitude of complicated options make it seem like it's buggier than it is because it takes a while to get used to it and know all the inns and outs of how it works.

It seems to have a very steep learning curve and takes a while before you fully understand what's going off with it. Now I think about it, I can see why they've done certain things like they have as it gives you a pretty advanced level of control managing your work, but it could do with being more intuitive.

Now I'm used to it though I like it and think I'll stick with it seen as I've gone to the effort of learning how to use it!

@Skxawng I think you've most likely hit the nail on the head, for me not all things are apparent, but if you need to move work because of bad weather it should just be moved and that's it you shouldn't have to tick a box to remove the old schedule, I think for me Squeegee's downfall is it's made by developers who assume that everything is simple for everyone but actually they've left stuff out maybe so a user is sat scratching their head. 

skxang, I think you've summed it up in one, thinking back cleaner planner took a while to get used to it, anything like this needs a month or so to let it build up work done and owing lists etc so you can get a proper handle on it all but, like iron giant has said some people - me included take a while longer for it all to sink in, I've enabled the invoices section and that seems to have done it but quite why it worked for some customers and not them all I don't know?.

over the years I've tried pretty much all of these programs and window cleaning pro and cleaner planner were the only two that worked for me, maybe it was because windies had an input into how it would work for them I presume squeegee had some input from windies-i don't know

@Skxawng I think you've most likely hit the nail on the head, for me not all things are apparent, but if you need to move work because of bad weather it should just be moved and that's it you shouldn't have to tick a box to remove the old schedule, I think for me Squeegee's downfall is it's made by developers who assume that everything is simple for everyone but actually they've left stuff out maybe so a user is sat scratching their head. 
It surprises me that you don't find it easy to use. I found it much easier to get into than CP was.

In terms of bugs though it is bogged down with them but they are extremely good at fixing things that go wrong. I get the feeling they are spending a lot of time putting out fires which is maybe slowing down the development or at least making it much harder. I had a customer frantically ringing to apologise when I sent a reminder email yesterday, she says she got an email thanking her for payment just after the invoice so assumed her husband had paid ?‍♂️ I also got emails advising me that texts and emails had failed to send. The emails came through a couple of days ago but the texts and emails are from October.

Most of the big issues I was having were resolved and the app is running much better though. Can't praise the guys enough for their help. My only remaining gripe is that customers who are signed up for GC have the option to pay by card. This feature is not going away but i'm sure you'll all agree its a silly function.

Very surprised they haven't responded yet though ?

It surprises me that you don't find it easy to use. I found it much easier to get into than CP was.

In terms of bugs though it is bogged down with them but they are extremely good at fixing things that go wrong. I get the feeling they are spending a lot of time putting out fires which is maybe slowing down the development or at least making it much harder. I had a customer frantically ringing to apologise when I sent a reminder email yesterday, she says she got an email thanking her for payment just after the invoice so assumed her husband had paid ?‍♂️ I also got emails advising me that texts and emails had failed to send. The emails came through a couple of days ago but the texts and emails are from October.

Most of the big issues I was having were resolved and the app is running much better though. Can't praise the guys enough for their help. My only remaining gripe is that customers who are signed up for GC have the option to pay by card. This feature is not going away but i'm sure you'll all agree its a silly function.

Very surprised they haven't responded yet though ?
? I might be a bit lacking ? In all honesty mate it's probably a marmite thing or an Android or iPhone somethings suit some people that don't suit others, What @Squeegee App have done have turned things right around across the board over other programs and it has  appeal but it's just not for me  I guess maybe I am getting old and stuck in my ways 

Hey guys,

thanks for the tag, when I initially looked at the post it looked like the original message was aimed at fellow users not the squeegee team hence leaving it alone! There's now lots of replies but I don't think anyone has actually got down to the issue in the original message. Can the user who originally posted get in touch with us on the in app chat or via email so we can look into it on [email protected] 

Huge thanks! 

Susie 

skxang, I think you've summed it up in one, thinking back cleaner planner took a while to get used to it, anything like this needs a month or so to let it build up work done and owing lists etc so you can get a proper handle on it all but, like iron giant has said some people - me included take a while longer for it all to sink in, I've enabled the invoices section and that seems to have done it but quite why it worked for some customers and not them all I don't know?.

over the years I've tried pretty much all of these programs and window cleaning pro and cleaner planner were the only two that worked for me, maybe it was because windies had an input into how it would work for them I presume squeegee had some input from windies-i don't know
Have you had your walk through with one of rhw team yet? We offer and advise this on signing up to premium as like all software, there's a lot in it and it's best to have one of the team take you through it so you can ask questions along the way! 

Correct me if I’m wrong but Cleaner Planner is £19 a month for basic or £29 a month for Pro? Squeegee is free for entry level and £9.80 a month for premium? Not sure how Cleaner planner is cheaper??

Now for others in this thread. I have been using Squeegee for about a year and a half now, and yes bugs appear but they tend to be sorted out fairly quickly. The biggest advantage for me is that I now run my whole business from my phone. I don’t have to mess about logging onto my account online and uploading worksheets at the end of the day. There is a way to move work and keep the schedule updated without ticking a box, you just select the job, then the other days in the planner will be highlighted in purple, just tap on which day you want to move to and it will move the job to that day and keep it updated. You just need to spend time learning the quirks and nuances. There are many of them. Once you get to grips with it you will be amazed how easy it is and how hassle free it will be running your business. 

I now do everything from this app. I schedule the work, send reminder texts and emails, send invoices, take GoCardless payments plus much more.

@kevinc250 it seems to be there are maybe 2 things happening with your issue. Firstly maybe your customers aren’t set up to be automatically invoiced. So when you are marking them as done, Squeegee isn’t creating an invoice so the app isnt creating a transaction. Secondly, once you have set a customer up for automatic invoice if you swipe on the planner it will mark the job as done and invoice not done and paid. So if the customer has paid you on the day you need to tap on the customer, tap on the pink +, then mark the customer as done and paid.

@RyeCleanLiam the package prices for CP have now changed as no vat so I pay £25 a month for CP with no additional GoCardless transaction fees, Squeegee charges 0.5 per GC transaction so on average I would be paying £15 a month to Squeegee in GC fees on top of their £9.80 package so they are currently almost the same not cheaper which I was mistaken earlier, Now as I move forward with my business this year my GC payments will increase as my client base increases and so would any charges and any decision in the future for GC fees to be upped would mean an increase on me.

So for the above reasons and for me the usability and familiarity of CP I personally find CP a better choice for me. 

the main issue for me with squeeege is you cnat see an overview of your round

in cp you can see weeks at one time on the screen allowing you to move stuff about etc, with squeege its all on seperate days, its a nightmare to use.

i want to like it, great price and customer service however its just not there for me, it needs a desktop version.....very buggy also

in cp you can see weeks at one time on the screen allowing you to move stuff about etc, with squeege its all on seperate days, its a nightmare to use.

i want to like it, great price and customer service however its just not there for me, it needs a desktop version.....very buggy also

Hi there, 

Guess which feature is almost ready for release?? ?

There is a rounds view, what else are you expecting to see on here that isn't already? 

Also there has also been a Web app on https://app.squeeg.ee 

Many thanks! ? 

squeegee does work on a desktop/laptop adam just the same as it would on a mobile device, I too find the issue in that you can't see weeks ahead a proper pain everyones round is different and for me it can involve a lot of driving so sometimes I will hold back some jobs for another week so it ties in with others in that area, cleaner planner gives me that information so it helps a great deal with that, have you tried that day pilot thing?, for me that's one thing that's not going to be used-ever, as I think after 13 years doing the rounds I pretty much know the most effiecent way to save time and mileage .

a last done date on the job would be really helpful and, whilst  I need to email some invoices i'm using cleaner planner for that at the moment because i'm unsure at the moment if the invoices can be edited

before emailing, ie giving a bit more substance than window cleaning and then the amount in money.

i'm like you adam in that whilst this squeegee is good but, so is cleaner planner and although cp is more money per month to use and its a strange thing for window cleaners as they want everything as cheap as they can get-they are prepared to pay more for something which is easier to use the jury is still out for me on this one

Hi there, 

Guess which feature is almost ready for release?? ?

There is a rounds view, what else are you expecting to see on here that isn't already? 

Also there has also been a Web app on https://app.squeeg.ee

Many thanks! ? 

Yes what I meant by desktop version was something that's gives you more features than the app.

As far as I'm aware you can only see one day's work at a time when you click on the day.

A lot of us need to see a week or more on the screen to organise the work schedule and move things around .

If you have seen cleaner planners planner view you will see exactly what I mean you can see the days next to each other and drag and drop them about. Aworka is similar as George is not that different.

I understand squeegee is not trying to be the same but I'm simply pointing out that's it's missing a big feature in being able to organise a window cleaning round. 

Rounds are not set in stone a lot of the time we can't do this on a Monday, this on a Tuesday etc and do the same every week, some work is 8 weekly some 4 so you need to move it, we have days off etc, rain delays so you need to reschedule. Yes I know you can move stuff on squeegee but it's hard because you can't see everything at once

I agree adam with the above comments, i've pretty much decided to go back to cleaner planner as whilst this squeegee app is good when out working to tick jobs off etc theres too many problems with it, I know its of my doing but come on I did an overdue job yesterday and its now showing up the job as due today some 8 weekly jobs I did last month are due now?.

it will be my fault but I don't find it too easy to manage this app-maybe its my age I don't know but I have never had this with cp, I feel it needs to be more dummy proof ie me as I never had these many issues with cleaner planner

Latest Posts

Back