Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

round wanted in Liverpool or surrounding areas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£5 per house ??? not worth doing at that price , I was charging more than that 20 years ago 
Same here but if the business model works.......

I have a round consisting of small bungys and semis at around £5-7 a pop and can easily cover a good hourly rate. 

Same here but if the business model works.......

I have a round consisting of small bungys and semis at around £5-7 a pop and can easily cover a good hourly rate. 

So you would have to do 40 houses a day for £200 , which is doable but going to be hard work doing that 5 days a week . Maybe different areas are a bit cheaper but dazmond is in Salford and his prices are double if not treble that price , can you not up your prices do half the work for double the price ?. Work smarter not harder 

So you would have to do 40 houses a day for £200 , which is doable but going to be hard work doing that 5 days a week . Maybe different areas are a bit cheaper but dazmond is in Salford and his prices are double if not treble that price , can you not up your prices do half the work for double the price ?. Work smarter not harder 
It all depends on the work you have. We was doing £30/hour 20+ years ago cleaning £4 houses trad. An 8 hour day is an 8 hour day regardless of how many jobs you do. 

It all depends on the work you have. We was doing £30/hour 20+ years ago cleaning £4 houses trad. An 8 hour day is an 8 hour day regardless of how many jobs you do. 

I understand that Ime saying to earn £200 per day you need to clean 40 houses per day at £5 a go ,better off cleaning 20 houses  at £10 for the same money , less work less time easier on the body . 

I understand that Ime saying to earn £200 per day you need to clean 40 houses per day at £5 a go ,better off cleaning 20 houses  at £10 for the same money , less work less time easier on the body . 
I completely agree but sometimes it’s easier said than done. In my area we have very competitive(not cheap) prices and sometimes it’s more profitable to stack em high and sell me cheap. 

I completely agree but sometimes it’s easier said than done. In my area we have very competitive(not cheap) prices and sometimes it’s more profitable to stack em high and sell me cheap. 

Can you not sell your sell your services as being better than the competition and charge more , we are lucky and don t have much competition but I never worry about that ,I provide a better service and charge accordingly and most understand and are happy to pay a bit more , if you are busy try increasing some of your prices if you loose them all then it’s obvious to much , but if you loose 1 job in three or 4 then you should still be earning the same money for less work , just keep in doing that and refining your work you will end up doing less and earning more , that’s what I have done over the last few years and it has made a considerable difference to earnings .

Can you not sell your sell your services as being better than the competition and charge more , we are lucky and don t have much competition but I never worry about that ,I provide a better service and charge accordingly and most understand and are happy to pay a bit more , if you are busy try increasing some of your prices if you loose them all then it’s obvious to much , but if you loose 1 job in three or 4 then you should still be earning the same money for less work , just keep in doing that and refining your work you will end up doing less and earning more , that’s what I have done over the last few years and it has made a considerable difference to earnings .
That’s what I’ve been doing but there’s only so far you can push it. Even the oldschool trad lads are upping their game these days. Some people will pay more for a better service but most are happier to save few quid and settle for a “good job”. 

Back