Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory Cleans Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paul L

Hi Im starting out and struggling on a pricing approach for conservatories. Anyone have an approach they use to recommend.Looking at price for adding conservatory windows to regular cleans and one off total cleans including conservatory roof.

Any guidance appreciated

Id also be keen to see if anyone has a tool they use for pricing in general.

The only ‘tool’ you need is time. 

Just judge how long you think it will take you, multiply by your hourly rate, add a bit in case of hiccups, job done ?

As Steve says it's just time and even after a few years and lots of conservatory roofs I still sometimes misjudged. Some you think will be a pain  but come up clean real quick others you think will take 10 mins take an hour!

Things I have learnt to look for though when quoting them is 

Does the customer have an outdoor tap i can put hose into as this speeds up getting the worst off before rinsing with pure.

Look out for the really shallow roofs with hardly any pitch they can take an age to rinse sometimes where as a good slope it fly off

Access to all angles of the conservatory it's easy to stand facing front on and blurt out a price then realise the sides against a fence and a pain to get to! 

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone once told me £60 minimum for a conny roof which i have stuck with and seems about rite for me. As above sometimes you get a right pig and your there ages, but its always learning 

A few variables: acces, size, how dirty it is. 

Got a couple of jobs where I can stand on a flat roof that allows me to clean 3 of the 4 sides very easily.

Got some jobs where I’m pinned up on a ladder between the conservatory and the fence and can’t move around at all. 

My experience is very dirty glass roofs will ALWAYS take longer than you think. 

A few variables: acces, size, how dirty it is. 

Got a couple of jobs where I can stand on a flat roof that allows me to clean 3 of the 4 sides very easily.

Got some jobs where I’m pinned up on a ladder between the conservatory and the fence and can’t move around at all. 

My experience is very dirty glass roofs will ALWAYS take longer than you think. 
Very true. ?

Starting out, I'm a little confused myself with the figures discussed on here about conservatories.  I've not come across one yet but I need to get this sorted now as it's a matter of time when I'm going to come across one.

Is there an extra premium on conservatories in general or something?  It seems quite common to charge a higher hourly rate for conservatories than for normal windows.

Also, why are the roofs not cleaned every time but the sides are?   

Hi Im starting out and struggling on a pricing approach for conservatories. Anyone have an approach they use to recommend.Looking at price for adding conservatory windows to regular cleans and one off total cleans including conservatory roof.

Any guidance appreciated

Id also be keen to see if anyone has a tool they use for pricing in general.
When on normal conservatory windows clean, if you add up by pane like you may the rest of the house, the home owner will probably think the price excessive.

My approach is I am on site so lets say its average size on a 3 bed semi,then I will add  £5 on the price that I would do a normal 3 bed semi on the same street.

As for roofs, far more complex in assesing  a price.

W literally just tack on £4 - £10 depending on size of conservatory for regular cleaning.  That's just the sides. 

Roofs we charge MINIMUM £60.  Our price is £10 per panel or £25 per panel if they want inside doing as well. 

Thomas Sanderson charge £75 per panel and get it.  

i find conservatory roofs really hard graft and even though i do feel proud of a finished result it always seems like forever getting there. 

£10 per panel is a realistic guage or more if the’yre particularly large or overly groggy. I also scrub the inside of the conservatory gutter after clearing it out as it makes it look that much better from the bedroom window. not sure how many others do this? 

If this post was more relevent to the sides of the conservatory then i would say i’m learning from my past mistakes. I underpriced a lot of houses with conservatories when i first started and am still subject to the consequences. The way i now guage it is, if there’s the same amount of glass on the conservstory sides as there is on the house, then charge the same for the conny sides as what you would for the house. If the conservatory is a whopper then it could have twice as much glass as the house itself. 

So what i failed to realise when starting out is that the conny clean can be worth more than the house clean itself. 

Yep Conservatorys .. Did our friends one yesterday, had a glancing look a couple of days beforehand, lol big mistake . Priced for 2 hrs for two cleaning £50 ! well family discount & all that, Plus cleaning windows on house 3 story with 2 dormers with pole extension added. Fxck took 3 & half hours all told. But on the good side of things its a regular 6wkly £70 from now on keeping all nicey ! Plus picked next doors windows @ £25 each visit . Sometimes its worth the first bit of **** to get gold in the long run. 

If this post was more relevent to the sides of the conservatory then i would say i’m learning from my past mistakes. I underpriced a lot of houses with conservatories when i first started and am still subject to the consequences. The way i now guage it is, if there’s the same amount of glass on the conservstory sides as there is on the house, then charge the same for the conny sides as what you would for the house. If the conservatory is a whopper then it could have twice as much glass as the house itself. 

So what i failed to realise when starting out is that the conny clean can be worth more than the house clean itself. 
I was asked to quote for a house on an estate that are all fairly similar so I said £12 if standard size or £15 with a conservatory. Pleased when she took the £15 quote, not so pleased when I turned up first time and the conny has twice as much glass as the house. It still only takes 20 minutes though so not that bad. 

Back