Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking at Starting up

spotless

Hi all. Just looking for a bit of advice if anyone is kind enough to share any information. I already have an established cleaning company. We clean anything from domestic homes to  student accommodation blocks any anything in-between. I have passed a'lot of work on to window cleaners but think its time to now add this service myself.  I will be buying a van and after some research and a lot of reading I am looking at the compact 425 system from window cleaning warehouse. 

my question is, will this system be ok for everyday use?. With regards to the water purification this has a built in DI, is this also good enough?

thanks in advance for any input.

Thanks Iron Giant. I appreciate your reply.

I am in a soft water area, sorry i should of mentioned this. 

Soft water to some may not be soft in window cleaning terms. For example, someone living in Hartlepool with tap water around 550ppm may say our water at 125ppm is soft. Window cleaning speak, its moderately above soft. Economically speaking, its cheaper for us to use an r/o that to just use resin.

As @Iron Giant says, you will need to find out what your actual tds is of your water. You will find this out buying a genuine tds meter - Daqua, Grippa and a few other genuine wfp suppliers will supply you with one. I wouldn't suggest you be tempted to buy a cheapie off Ebay. Most are fake and not accurate.

Only once you know what your tap water tds is can you make an informed decision of how to proceed further. Part of the decision making process will include;

being on a water meter,

facility to store water,

Speed of r/o (if necessary) to produce water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets rattle a few proverbial cages shall we @spotless? I should have also added;

Whilst it nice to get a kit or system that looks good, you are also given components that may not necessarily be that good lumped together with the package.

I would ask for a price without that pole and then consider a carbon fibre pole. WCW do the new Phantom. They haven't been out for very long and so their longevity and service performance is still for a future time. They of course will say differently. As an only pole, I believe  (when considering our round) a 22' pole is just not quite long enough.

Personally, I would go for a Gardiner SLX 25 or SLX27. I do have an SLX22 as my everyday pole, but there are windows on our round that I just need a slightly longer pole. (My son uses an SLX25 and we do have an old SLX40 for those odd higher windows I can't reach.)

The jury (my jury ?) is out with regarding a manual hose reel mounted on a tank top. If you have a lwb van and the tank is length ways toward the bulkhead, will you have to climb into the van to wind the hose back in? If its right at the back doors then this shouldn't be an issue, but then a tank mounted that far back could well overload the rear axle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back