Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

150 RO Membranes best price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

as title says, who s selling the best priced ones for a 450 RO.       Axeon or other brand. my  water purity is creeping up.     

just seen on ebay    x3  =  £106 axeon        by Wrekinwater-softeners   first one come up

What concerns me about that eBay listing is the picture doesn't have the Axeon label on yes they have a longstanding reputation but personally I would rather spend an extra £14 and get them from Daqua on next day delivery 

Wrekinwater-softeners is just a chap sat in a house behind a PC so his overhead costs are nothing. He's a drop ship company so in this case on Ebay somehow selling that Axeon membrane he is selling it at a loss. Baffles me?

Then again he holds 3 different companies on companies house.

You see a lot of people do this and a company recently came to my attention who were selling Tulsion very cheap but not sourced from us. His trading company was forced into liquidation by HRMC owing £76,000. Couple of weeks later generates couple of new companies again selling very cheap and basically at a loss if he was paying full price.

I have a hint what they are doing but us legit companies cannot compete with those prices.

taken on board  doug,        same as  legit window cleaners and benefit cheats doing window cleaning, lowering the prices in areas.  Scotland may be right having licensing  laws.     But councils  think of it as a cash windfall issuing licenses.     But it would show legit cleaners. 

ill be getting my membranes from Daqua.       are these the best membranes for my 450 RO   I have a booster pump from purefreedom doug.    

Doug while im on here .issues have been made with my low water pressure from tap @ 23psi /  around 1.5 bar.      ive been told its no good me getting a 4040 or similar .RO Setup 

can you advise in your expertise to help me out.      I am needing more pure  water at a faster pace.     atm     my 450 is on most days, around 8 hours to fill 220 litre butt

I always buy my gear from Colins Water Products, nice Guy and very reasonable prices, check him out

They sell cheap chinese membranes.

Those membranes aren't made to the same quality spec as American manufactured ones are. There have been numerous discussions on the forums over the last few years regarding this type of stuff and their outlandish claims. The specs the Chinese sometimes state aren't always correct. If I remember, @doug atkinson once stated that they had speced one membrane rejection rate above the best bench mark membrane in the industry. It would appear the Chinese have no issue with over exaggeration when specing product or copying someone else's spec sheet.

@johnny bravo I bought this Booster Pump  and it almost doubles production, but I haven't found it to very quiet if I run it I can hear it 10 meters away but that could be down to the fact I have it mounted on a wooden board inside a wooden shed,  I don't use it as I don't really need it, for this pump or one similar you will need extra JG hose the same size as you have on your R/O 

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the one I use, I said above I use this booster pump,     mines in kitchen,  not much noise, just like having a bee hive in your house every day   LOL

I REMEMBER when I got new membranes I was getting 220 litres of pure   in around 4/5 hours which was a big difference to now  @  7/8 hours.

I hope new membranes will do this again.

maybe there s a booster pump just above the pure freedom one.    ill check  machine mart out.

that's the one I use, I said above I use this booster pump,     mines in kitchen,  not much noise, just like having a bee hive in your house every day   LOL

I REMEMBER when I got new membranes I was getting 220 litres of pure   in around 4/5 hours which was a big difference to now  @  7/8 hours.

maybe there s a booster pump just above the pure freedom one.    ill check  machine mart out.

You will not get one from Machine Mart as the ones they sell are more suitable for 4040 membranes. That pump you have there are 3 series looks like you have the lower series pump. If you have an old Shurflo pump lying around try using that. I used to test systems with one of them and got a decent flow. The only problem is it heated so you could not run it for that long.

I would be inclined to think that you have done them to death and possibly the pre-filters, I never used to monitor my pre-filters and change them as per the manufactures guidelines but now I do I simply estimate my average usage and set reminders on my phone to check and or change pre-filters, so my membranes will last years for me and I know if production slows or I get tds creep then it will be my membranes.

My first R/O I had the original membranes in use for over 5 years and they were producing at 000ppm and I can't really ever remember that I had changed the pre-filters but have a vague memory they may have been changed once or twice.   

This has been discussed quite a lot. I was new to water fed pole 18 months ago. So I had a lot to learn.

with thanks to Spruce and Doug I have a great system working. So my thoughts are yes you can get cheap membranes, save a few quid initially. 

But I would always go to Doug, why? Because I can ring him and he can help me, give good advice, so I prefer his advice, so I will always buy from him. Top man?

Wrekinwater-softeners is just a chap sat in a house behind a PC so his overhead costs are nothing. He's a drop ship company so in this case on Ebay somehow selling that Axeon membrane he is selling it at a loss. Baffles me?

Then again he holds 3 different companies on companies house.

You see a lot of people do this and a company recently came to my attention who were selling Tulsion very cheap but not sourced from us. His trading company was forced into liquidation by HRMC owing £76,000. Couple of weeks later generates couple of new companies again selling very cheap and basically at a loss if he was paying full price.

I have a hint what they are doing but us legit companies cannot compete with those prices.
The internet is rife with this kind of stuff Doug. Yesterday my wife made the decision to close her eBay shop because she can't compete with the liars on eBay. She sells cheap costume jewellery and advertises it as such, people are literally claiming to sell solid sterling silver for £3... Can't compete with those kinds of lies. Also, last week I bought some battery terminal covers for £2.79 on eBay. The company is VAT registered and they came through tracked which in itself will have cost £3.50.

Anyone got any idea what these types are up to? Genuinely interested, I assume its some form of money laundering. Not directly pointing the finger at the above named company just companies in general selling things at a loss on eBay.

The internet is rife with this kind of stuff Doug. Yesterday my wife made the decision to close her eBay shop because she can't compete with the liars on eBay. She sells cheap costume jewellery and advertises it as such, people are literally claiming to sell solid sterling silver for £3... Can't compete with those kinds of lies. Also, last week I bought some battery terminal covers for £2.79 on eBay. The company is VAT registered and they came through tracked which in itself will have cost £3.50.

Anyone got any idea what these types are up to? Genuinely interested, I assume its some form of money laundering. Not directly pointing the finger at the above named company just companies in general selling things at a loss on eBay.
That's a real shame that your wife has had to close her shop, I agree eBay is rife with idiots but at the same time, it amazes me that people think they are getting the real deal at rock bottom prices. 

That's a real shame that your wife has had to close her shop, I agree eBay is rife with idiots but at the same time, it amazes me that people think they are getting the real deal at rock bottom prices. 
Yeah mate, Christmas time was always the worst as people who didn’t use the internet all year came out asking things like why is my £3 ring not solid silver... hmmm because it’s £3, also it says so right there ?? Some people are so rude as well, she used to get messages with things like “not received” but no other words. I think she’s better off shut of it! By the time her remaining stock is sold I’ll have enough money coming in anyways. She plans to train to be an accountant anyway.

Still baffled why someone would sell things for a loss though haha

Fake jewellery is all over eBay. I bought a "Guaranteed 925 sterling silver" bell chain to replace a chain on a pendant my wife had broke. It was pretty cheap but thought it was worth a punt. When I got it, it looked good, had a Lazer hall mark on the clasp and a punched hallmark on the link before it. Tried a strong magnet and could pick it up with though so obviously just silver plated. Took a picture of it clinging to the magnet and they responded with fake shock that their suppliers could have sent them fake stock. 

Then the usual card they play- "send it back to our depot in China to check out and we'll issue a full refund".. it'll cost a load to post and then go missing.

That's when you can tell em unfortunately it is illegal to send known counterfeit items through the postal service. eBay will side with you on this so they just have to refund you.

jewelry.   from china,      ear rings / bracelets for as little as 3 \ 5p         these were bought from Amazon pre Christmas , but came from china.   daughters  + friends bought loads .    they  like it all.  good stuff.      no complaints if they break,,   so cheap.    but nothing has as of yet.    just cheap bling.

anyway getting back to my membranes,        getting from Daqua.       reason,  reputable and reliable,  plus decent reviews.      

That's when you can tell em unfortunately it is illegal to send known counterfeit items through the postal service. eBay will side with you on this so they just have to refund you.
They don't care mate. They have several accounts normally, if one gets too much poor feedback they just move to the next one. In 12 months time that feedback on the other account won't show anymore and the account will be functional again showing 100% feedback. You can't compete with that level of dishonesty.

anyway getting back to my membranes,        getting from Daqua.       reason,  reputable and reliable,  plus decent reviews.      
Not meaning to hijack the thread, just making a point relevant to membranes being sold at a loss. I never believed people would sell things at a loss but after my terminal covers they must be. I've bought things in the past that must have been sold at a loss after postage. With this in mind I find it much more possible that someone is selling membranes at a loss... I just don't understand why someone would sell items at a loss.

The point around jewellery isn't directly related to membranes, just how shady online selling has become in the last few years.

Latest Posts

Back