Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tool station equipment

matty86

Hi guys 

Noticed tool station sell some window cleaning gear that looks very much like moerman, in fact there applicator they sell has moerman on it but they call it "pro window" just wondering if the pro window rubber is moerman too? Anyone tried it. 

Thanks Matt 

That's what I was thinking just handy for short notice. 

Been using the liquidator but keep getting lines on the glass. Windows look great when the sun isn't on them but soon as it hits the glass you see fan lines!. It's driving me mad, tried the red razr rubber no better!. Tried a diffrent handle used the brass ettore handle that am usually used to still the same!. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up to the 14" Liquidator squeegee now. Did get lines with the Razor Red but reverted back to Unger Soft and no probs. Even if you do leave lines then they will dry off, only worry if you get pulled up. Then explain you are trialing different rubber on your squeegee. 

They where dried lines done it on my conservatory it looked shocking when sun hit it. Funny enough just tried Unger soft, that leaves wet lines on the glass but think they dry off within couple seconds wasn't too bad.

Just gone back to razr rubber quick switch around I've pulled the rubber past the end clips about1mil and no lines at all! Maybe it was that?. I was told to keep the rubber just a bit short of the end clips. 

Picked up a soldering iron at tool station today. Was handy. Productive day, got van mount working proper (moved pump/fitted non return valve/shortened length of hose from tank to pump) This got rid of airlocks and got it producing proper flow/pressure. and found why backpack not working. negative connection on the battery must've got wet and corroded and had come off. hence the solderer from tool station, cleaned terminal and soldered back on, all perfect.

You have to have the rubber hanging over the edge with the liquidator otherwise the blue bit on the end seems to hold water and that's when you get your lines.

Over hang rubber either side by about 5mm, set on 25° lock to non swivel never have a problem. Make sure water is pretty soapy and don't put too much water on the window. Find it help flicking the excess off after each window.

That's what I done yesterday I've hung the rubber past the clips working great now no lines! With razer red and tried some Unger soft today. Didn't  do the over hang by 5 mill each end though probably 1mil each side or 1.5mil I've done.

Does anyone use pins on the liquidator 2 to hold the rubber in? Do you need to use them on all rubber or just certain makes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dosent move on 10 " but on longer blade was always slipping sideways . Drilled both blue end clips and into blade with small drill then put in a small self tapping screw in each end make sure it only just goes into rubber . Not had rubber slip sideways since just takes a couple of mins extra to change rubber but saves time readjusting rubber position

Back