Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing from 1 pole setup to 2

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ciaran mcveigh

Couple of things please if someone can help ino I need extra pole and reel but when running 2 poles do i need 2 batteries 2 pumps and 2 controllers?

My original set up ( Streamline ) was a two man set up. It had one pump, controller, and battery. Worked well you just need to up the pressure when working with two people. 

I used to use 1 pump for two operators and it used to irritate me when the other person stop their flow. Your flow then would increase and then decrease when he switched it back on.

As a result went for another pump and Controller.

Yeah but its something you live with, all that happens is the flow increases when one operator comes off the pole, this is why all new systems are fitted with two of each, a small price to pay as its alot cheaper to set up.

It would do my head in having the water suddenly speed up and then slow down. I like @Nudel's idea of a backpack, i'd probably start there and progress to a second van mounted system over time. The thing to remember is 2 men are going to be able to cover the cost of a second pump in a mornings work. Considering the amount we are able to make I always find it amazing the lengths people will go to in order to save a few quid haha. Speculate to accumulate Rodders ?

Wouldn't have thought you would need a second battery though, just a decent leisure battery should do it. I recently bought one of these;

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444776790&1&cc5_990

The code BATT50 seems to always work for 50% off if that helps.

It's not ideal using one pump/controller as the pressure will be everywhere and so will the water, splashing the frames etc causing you problems later on along with wasting water.

I never said its ideal, the question was asked if it was needed to have more bits. it upto the Gent who asked the question in the first place to take it how he wants. I do agree that its not the best and probable works the pump harder, as for saving money i think you need to tell my wife this as she is always saying i spend to much on new equipment.  

I never said its ideal, the question was asked if it was needed to have more bits. it upto the Gent who asked the question in the first place to take it how he wants. I do agree that its not the best and probable works the pump harder, as for saving money i think you need to tell my wife this as she is always saying i spend to much on new equipment.  
I feel you mate. I spend £75 today with Gardiners. All basically for some hose and some John Guest fittings... She said ''so you've bought some bits of plastic and a hose for £75, they saw you coming didn't they'' ???

I have a problem lol. we live near Varitech im like a kid in a sweet shop. just the same i B&Q. I have an NVQ in plumbing also spent years in the window trade making PVC and Ali windows so love tools....... If i see somthing i think would shave time off my work day i have to have it or make it.

It's better just telling him it's **** than saying it worked well! Saves him finding out on the job that one or the other has water spraying everywhere and before he knows it he's out of water. I've worked without a controller and I can work with a high flow quickly but you need consistency through the day and you won't get that with two operators from one pump.  

One its not ****, all systems years ago only had the one pump, things move on. as for splashing water all over the frames aint that how you clean yours or have you found a better way of doing it, again he asked the question if it was need i said not really, thanks for your input..... will leave it up to Ciaran mcveigh to go from here. 

Back