Joshyouare

Can I use a WFP Brush to traditionally clean frames?

Joshyouare

Just a general question, had a quick look, can't see it before.

So, for example, I have this job tomorrow where the house is on a main road, and the pavement is fairly steep so can't put a ladder down at the minute. First stupid question is, would a ladder stabiliser fix this problem?

And secondly, seen as I can't get a ladder stabiliser for tomorrow, I have a WFP with a brush, can I like, wet the brush and scrub the frames with it, and then do the glass traditionally on a trad pole? Frames are fairly dirty and it is a first clean so need to do a good job. Just want to check I won't harm the brush or pole, as stupid as that sounds.

Oh and I'm just waiting to be able to afford a backpack and a few DI Vessels before people ask me why I don't just use the WFP haha

P4dstar

Ladder stabilisers don't change the angle at which you can put a ladder up. If you have a WFP then clean the windows with WFP. If the customer has specifically requested trad then explain why that window can't be done trad.

I personally wouldn't take a customer who demands trad, not even a bungalow. Can't be ar5ed having the conversation ''well you do janets windows with a squeegee''. Also trad windies are cheaper round here that WFP lads, not working more for less money.

Cookie
3 hours ago, Joshyouare said:

I have a WFP with a brush, can I like, wet the brush and scrub the frames with it, and then do the glass traditionally on a trad pole? Frames are fairly dirty and it is a first clean so need to do a good job. Just want to check I won't harm the brush or pole, as stupid as that sounds.

Yes - sounds like you have a solution there.

Joshyouare
8 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Yes - sounds like you have a solution there.

Thanks, looks like it was a stupid question, just didn't know if i'd ruin the brush somehow 😂