Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Gardiner brush to buy??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ollie !!

Hi new to wfp so after some advice,What Gardiner brush would you recommend,would a universal seal brush be a good all round brush,or would you have two if so which ones?  So many to choose from ,Also pencil jets or fan jets?

Welcome onboard you have just opened a can of worms ? a brush is a personal thing so it's really a journey in finding the right brush for you and spending dosh

As Iron Giant said it is "a can of worms". For me, having tried several different configurations, for all my work the choice is a Gardiner Medium Mixed Sill Brush, with 100 degree fan jets (these are the black ones). Reason is, the splay on the bristles means I don't need to keep changing the angle and the fan jets put the right amount of water precisely where I want it, without a lot of wastage. 

Now! Sit back and expect a whole lot of different and probably conflicting opinions, after which you'll hopefully be well enough informed to make a choice or choices. ? 

All of them!

You want a flocked for leaded and first cleans, and then you want an extreme for precision work where you have dodgy seals etc. 

A good al rounder is the ultimate dupont hybrid, has great scrubbing power with the natural bristles.

You definitely don't want anything heavy. If you are new then get the pencil jets and learn them first, then progress onto fan jets later. I have 10 different brushes and use most of them daily.

All of them!

You want a flocked for leaded and first cleans, and then you want an extreme for precision work where you have dodgy seals etc. 

A good al rounder is the ultimate dupont hybrid, has great scrubbing power with the natural bristles.

You definitely don't want anything heavy. If you are new then get the pencil jets and learn them first, then progress onto fan jets later. I have 10 different brushes and use most of them daily.

Excellent response ?

I have used 7 different brushes from three different manufacturers so far, and to be honest they all make windows go sparkle sparkle. ?

I have three brushes on three different poles at all times, and can't even remember the names of them, though one has Dupont bristles and is excellent. They are three different sizes so I use them for various jobs. Small brush on short pole etc.

Don't overthink it, just get a brush the size you need and get going.

The only thing I'll say is I find the Gardiners extreme brush to have too few bristles to clean really dirty glass properly. It's super lite and great for maintenance cleans though.

All of them!

Same as Paul I use the brush I think that best suited for that property imwork8ng on. 

Best alround brush dupont hybrid ultimate or ultimate medium soft 100 degree jets unless you are using rinsebar then ultimate medium.

my personal favourites extreme 35cm medium with rinsebar extreme DuPont hybrid on ultimate medium with rinsebar. 

Yeh as mentioned above, a variety is good. I have 6 different brushes. But 3 of them rarely get used if I’m honest. 

My preferences are all pencil jet:

• Ultimate DuPont for general regular cleans

•ultimate flocked for leaded 

•Super-lite medium mixed for dirty first cleans & conservatory roofs. I’ve also starting using this as my fascias & gutters brush, as my preferred brush for gutters (Flocked sill) has gone all weird & matted. Will get another one one day though.

But Owning one Stiff brush helps. I have the Red Sill Stiff Brush. Is good for some very dirty some conservatory roofs & Skylights. As most medium brushes really struggle to get off baked on pollen marks or birds poop. 

Back