Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For ato Doug from Daqua 450 RO to 4040

johnny bravo

Well after many discussions regarding upgrading   to 4040 RO set up .

Water volume tested today.

Water psi            =  23 psi  / 1.5 bar

Water volume   =  12 litres a minute from tap 

Now  am I ok to use a 4040 RO with a booster pump.  without any problems with the above readings.   Any advice as to which setup.    I know there 2 different 4040s.  depending on water  flow.

Best booster pump for low tap pressure.

ive a plumber coming to quote  installing pipes to the front out house so I can set it up outside and leave pump running  ,   it will be too noisy for in house I thinks.

Daqua  etc if you can advise  that will be apreciated

Now  am I ok to use a 4040 RO with a booster pump.  without any problems with the above readings.   Any advice as to which setup.    I know there 2 different 4040s.  depending on water  flow.

ive a plumber coming to quote  installing pipes to the front out house so I can set it up outside and leave pump running  ,   it will be too noisy for in house I thinks.

@doug atkinson. I've linked him for you Johnny.

Plenty water flow for a 4040.

Machine Mart sell the ideal booster pump for a 4040.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cbm240e-1in-multi-stage-230v-booster-pum/

If you look at the pump you will see it has an electronic controller. If the water through the booster pump stops then this controller will switch the booster pump off.

If you had planned to continue to use your water butts then I believe you need to go for a bigger storage tank. If I remember correctly you once said that an ibc tank wouldn't fit as your shed/outside storage room was too narrow.

If this is correct, then you may need to consider an upright Wydedale tank, preferrably one that will hold 1000 liters.

You will also need to consider a float switch and solenoid valve. When the tank is full the switch will cut power to the solenoid valve which in turn will stop the r/o working. When the flow stops the booster pump will switch off as well.

Xline also sell a booster pump. Gardiners also used to sell something similar.

https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/wfp-controllers-pumps/240v-booster-pump-with-electronic-shutoff-detail 

I would stick to an HF5 membrane as the ideal operating pressure is 50 - 100psi. The HF4 is 80 - 105psi.

This is a conversation you need to have with Doug over the phone mate but if its any help below is a picture of my set up, just changed it all round today. It is a 4040 RO from Daqua just like you're looking at.

hN93wBsNRTuXmMHFO2pp6Q.jpg

vD433tW6Q2KB%TrC3p4N7g.jpg

That is very low pressure. Must be a nightmare when someone else turns the tap when another is running.

The R/O system will work but your end result will not be that good. I would advise getting a booster pump.

Thats a good price from Pure Freedom but check the specs before you purchase as you may not get the best results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not May; will need a bigger di vessel. Gardiners has a di vessel at a good price

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/11-litre-di-resin-pressure-vessel-canister-3-4-bspt-ports.html

It will hold 9 liters of resin so will last you more than a year.
That’s the ones I’ve got in the pic. Pop them in a small waterproof tub that you can empty though, they leak. I’ve tried replacing the head on them both and managed to get one not to leak but the other still drips out very slowly. The tubs only cost me £1 each at IKEA

which 4040  did you get P4dstar         4040 / 4021         did you find it a  straight forward set up.       did you have to go searching for extra fittings  needed to connect up.       id like to get a 4040 or 4021     , Di vessel    and just connect. and fill water tank.      just as I do now with the small RO system atm.           or is that just wishfull thinking

Thanks again for helping out.  muchly appreciated.          I just over think things,   always seeing the  worst scenarios in case they happen.       Once everything gets running smoothly I think what the hell was all the worry about.   easy peasy.

lol

which 4040  did you get P4dstar         4040 / 4021         did you find it a  straight forward set up.       did you have to go searching for extra fittings  needed to connect up.       id like to get a 4040 or 4021     , Di vessel    and just connect. and fill water tank.      just as I do now with the small RO system atm.           or is that just wishfull thinking

Thanks again for helping out.  muchly appreciated.          I just over think things,   always seeing the  worst scenarios in case they happen.       Once everything gets running smoothly I think what the hell was all the worry about.   easy peasy.

lol
the 4040 mate. The 40 21 is half the length of this one. It came mostly built and Doug had tested it before it was sent. I considered the ones from PF as they came mounted on a board etc but to be honest the only difference between them and what Doug sells is a few screws and a cheap metal stand.

You get everything I have excluding the hose connections in and out of the system (referring to the RO unit only, not the tank or TDS meters or DI Vessel etc) I decided to go with John guest fittings in and i've added a TDS meter, solenoid valve, flow valve (counts the amount of water through the RO). On top of all that I added a bypass for the DI so I can counter TDS creep. My latest changes were all elbow connections to tidy it up. If you look closely at the picture the output is all tidily connected down the IBC and goes down in to the double DI, up into the tank. The yellow hose is the waste and just tucked down the side of the IBC...

All of the extras are not required, you can plug a hose connection straight in and purify water once you mount it. It's 8 screws in total to mount it.

Latest Posts

Back