Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Switch from part time to full time

GF Window Cleaning

Hi guys, 

The time has come to make the jump!! 

I know there is loads of part time to full time on the forums but I just wanted to get the best up to date advise I could. Please give me any tips or advice on this. I am 100% trad and I love it. 

Thanks in advance for any replies 

Please give me any tips or advice on this. I am 100% trad and I love it. 
Get yourself a water fed pole ???

Nah but seriously, just work hard you'll be alright. Knock as many doors as possible, deliver as many leaflets and speak to as many people as possible. To make it work just eat sleep and breath window cleaning, at least for the rest of this year. Tell everyone you meet that you're a window cleaner (In conversation not in a creepy out of context sort of way) you will be amazed how many people need a window cleaner just from hearing this in conversation.

Once you've got a good customer base and start earning decent money then make a new plan of where you want your round to go. 

I made a simple leaflet using a template on helloprint.co.uk. You can get 5000 leaflets for less than £50. Few hundred can be handed out in one estate. Think big man.

I was always wondering what an advert in my local paper would achieve? If anyone has tried it then let me know the results please.
£50 an issue seems to be the going rate (I'm basing that on knowledge of 2 areas)

I've never tried the local paper but we have a village magazine that comes out for free every other month. I paid £12 to be in each issue last year and it got me a customer each time. Just paid £48 for the year (6 issues). It goes out to just over 750 houses.

I had a look into radio advertising before Christmas (No joke) I was all set to go at around £400 for a month with the advert being played 6 times a day before I realised they control when it is played. They could play it 6 times at 2am and you can't do anything about it. It seems to be that if you want to advertise in print or on the radio you need a hefty budget (And a catchy song haha)

Latest Posts

Back