Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HOW TO CLEAN POLYCARBONATE CONSEVATORY ROOF PANELS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GOT A CONSERVATORY ROOF CLEAN AND IT HAS A OLYCARBONATE ROOF. JUST WONDERING HOW TO CLEAN IT. BEEN HEARING WFP BRUSHES AND TFR WILL RUIN THEM.

ANY TIPS GUYS?

That's a good question, I have a couple a and I would like to know the answer but being wfp and being pure water so no chemicals and the brush is fairly soft you shouldn't damage it. 

I'm sure someone wil correct me if I'm wrong 

As long as brush is soft WFP wont do any harm .Chemicals might ,have used screwfix nononsence  degreaser in past but leaves a white coating of soap that wont rinse off but goes after a few good rains .Doing one this morning but going to try Fenwicks caravan cleaner that will be as safe as it gets .

Give them a light spray with warer (pure unnecessary) spray on either ubik or virosol (around 1 tfr to 8 water mix), leave a few minutes, then brush in with your brush and using tap water through your brush, wash off.

Whoever told you not to use pure or tfr is wrong, been doing these for over 20 years without issue.

Just make sure you dilute it and don’t leave to long if sunny.

I find a drizzly day is best for conny roofs

The issue with TFR is that you must not let it dry. We used to use it in the motor trade to remove the protective coating new cars were supplied with. It was only done in the early morning or late evening in warmer sunnier weather and it wasn't allowed to dry.

I didn't take that advise with the first conservatory roof I cleaned. It took me 8 hours to remove the yellow residue.

Now we just use pure water as @steve garwood says. We have a 5 liter container Ubik or Virosol and wash off. TBH we haven't noticed any big advantage using Ubik or Virosol. We soak it first with pure water and then wash with pure.

Some people connect to a customer's tap and wash the roof that way. They then use pure as a final rinse.

Defo got to be WFP and TFR. I do the same as Steve Garwood. Never had a problem. Use plenty of TAP water and don’t let chemicals dry on. If you can’t see through the roof then don’t need pure. Pressure bottle with chemical in is a little more professional than a bucket (sorry Green Pro) No fancy machines 

Latest Posts

Back