Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Under van hose guide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've started to get some scratches on the door of my van from the times when I need to drag the hose round to the front. On top of catching some little rat sniffing round the back of my van the other day I am considering fitting an under van hose guide. Problem is it's a lease van. Although I think I will want to but it at the end of the term I don't want to cause irreparable damage to the floor of the van. Anyone got one who can give some advice?

I currently have a Proloc hose reel which is a power up HD without the power. There isn't actually anything worth nicking in the back of the van, only take one pole with me etc.

Are there any issues in winter with having a hole in the van floor?

Mine is a lease, which is why I haven’t but my door is scratched on the edge, will tart it up before handover.

Next van I’m doing a purchase plan so I can do what I want to it

Just get it done mate then whack some fresh ply lining over the top when you hand it back ?
I might just have to. I have kept the ply the van came with but taken it out the van. I've used protectakote on the floor so I could probably just get someone to weld over the spot and Protectakote it.

I was thinking something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Industrial-Hose-Roller-Guide-18-48mm-Zinc-plated-finish-/262997775819

I know WCW sell a fancy one that drops down. I've seen a video of it in use and you can pull it whatever direction you like etc. I imagine with this on I would need a second one on the back of the van for it to feed through... There isn't much information on this sort of stuff anywhere though.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you look on water works web site you will see pictures of how they fit them under the van , mine is done differently but same result 
Couldn't find it but I did find an overspin adjustment kit for £7 haha. I think i've seen them before might have been in one of Darrens videos. They look pretty cool and if they only end up being a few quid more it might be worth doing.

Couldn't find it but I did find an overspin adjustment kit for £7 haha. I think i've seen them before might have been in one of Darrens videos. They look pretty cool and if they only end up being a few quid more it might be worth doing.
I would also add to this, I personally think they shouldn't be charging £7 for the overspin kit and just sending them out to anyone who has an issue with overspin on a Proloc or power up HD.... Especially the power up. The overspin adjustment thing they come with isn't great and you're spending quite a bit on them.

I would also add to this, I personally think they shouldn't be charging £7 for the overspin kit and just sending them out to anyone who has an issue with overspin on a Proloc or power up HD.... Especially the power up. The overspin adjustment thing they come with isn't great and you're spending quite a bit on them.

They are just robbing ******** to put it polite 

Should have bought a Grippa Reel £848.22 with the vat ? , in all seriousness, I am interested in a power-up reel if you suss out the roller guides post some pics of different stages of fitting  

They are just robbing ******** to put it polite 
It's just the principal of it mate. Remember last year Gardiner's had some issues with fan jets breaking and offered to send out replacements to anyone who had the issue free of charge. The overspin with these is a ball ache and considering how much people spend on them if this device means it is permanently sorted then I can't see why they don't follow suit.

It's just the principal of it mate. Remember last year Gardiner's had some issues with fan jets breaking and offered to send out replacements to anyone who had the issue free of charge. The overspin with these is a ball ache and considering how much people spend on them if this device means it is permanently sorted then I can't see why they don't follow suit.

I couldn’t agree more mate 

So when I get my tank fitted at PureFreedom in 2 weeks time I am going to have the rollers in the image fitted, just wondered if anyone has got these fitted and was also wondering would it be a good idea to have two sets of under van rollers so one on each side. 

Edit- I am not getting 2 reels or the fancy electric ones just sticking with my manual petal reel, for now, to see how I get on before making a quick decision on an electric reel  

roller guides.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t use any rollers but if I did Iwould go winch for  type as they look easier for maintenance/ cleaning. 

So when I get my tank fitted at PureFreedom in 2 weeks time I am going to have the rollers in the image fitted, just wondered if anyone has got these fitted and was also wondering would it be a good idea to have two sets of under van rollers so one on each side. 

Edit- I am not getting 2 reels or the fancy electric ones just sticking with my manual petal reel, for now, to see how I get on before making a quick decision on an electric reel  
Not sure if you're tubeless or not but if not how does it work with the Protectabolz? Do they hang out of the back of the van like that or will they slip through and be put away. just thinking the damage that could be cause by a trailing hose.

I am tubeless so all hose will be inside of the van, I assumed they had took the photo to show how big the opening is which is good as I know I will fit my inline tap through without issue.

I’m surprised Mr Garwood hasn’t been on and told you off for starting with “so”

In his absence I’ll do it, shouldn’t start a sentence with so,.....(joke by the way)

i use those rollers. They work fine, a little noisy sometimes but work ok, and no problem working with the protecta balls. I use 3 sets of rollers per reel set up. Two to go through the floor spaced apart, and another as shown in the picture. If I was working alone with 1 reel I would of thought just a single set in the centre would be best. 

I am tubeless so all hose will be inside of the van, I assumed they had took the photo to show how big the opening is which is good as I know I will fit my inline tap through without issue.
Ah yes your indestructible tap haha. I can't find the post now but did you see that video from waterworks where the pole is outside the van and reels in neatly automatically?

You keeping the little van?

I’m surprised Mr Garwood hasn’t been on and told you off for starting with “so”

In his absence I’ll do it, shouldn’t start a sentence with so,.....(joke by the way)

i use those rollers. They work fine, a little noisy sometimes but work ok, and no problem working with the protecta balls. I use 3 sets of rollers per reel set up. Two to go through the floor spaced apart, and another as shown in the picture. If I was working alone with 1 reel I would of thought just a single set in the centre would be best. 
Do you leave the hose outside the van as you drive along? Thats the bit I can't get my head around.

Yep, just leave a small loop around the bumper. I use reel hose and pole hose. I reel the main hose, protecta ball and connection in and the pole hose just fits in the gap either between the doors, or in between the door and the bumper. 

Latest Posts

Back