Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rip off service from a another company

WCF

Help Support WCF:

thanasisp

Good morning to everyone.

Last night I was looking  companies who offering franchise,I found a very good company with a good website and everything. They doing window cleaning, general cleaning,gardening oven cleaning etc it's like a Facilities company, anyway,straight to the point now,they had a price list for the services or you can put your house details and they offer you a quote. 

So I putted my postcode in Manchester, for a terrace house,2 bedrooms,(3 windows and a door)highest window in the first floor,cleaning every month so they gave me  a price, guess how much....

43 pounds and with discount 39 ..

43 pounds can you believe it...

Please share your thoughts..

Yikes, I would of said £42 but with discount £38, but definitely no more.!

Na, I don’t have any 2 bed mid terrace, but I have a couple of 3 bed, £15 every 8weeks for me, ONLY if they have a back gate as well. 

For a regular clean it's really high...

And for a one-off I think its high, I will say 25 to 30.
You'll probably find they don't want that kind of work. I personally hate cleaning terraced houses, cannot be ar5ed getting myself round the back, lots of them come with access issues or you might have to walk down an alleyway and through 5 different gardens before you reach the back of the customer.

In Cheltenham the local windies all seem to charge £45 for a 2 bed terrace. The terraced houses over there usually have tunnel access between each house too. They just don't want the work.

You'll probably find they don't want that kind of work. I personally hate cleaning terraced houses, cannot be ar5ed getting myself round the back, lots of them come with access issues or you might have to walk down an alleyway and through 5 different gardens before you reach the back of the customer.

In Cheltenham the local windies all seem to charge £45 for a 2 bed terrace. The terraced houses over there usually have tunnel access between each house too. They just don't want the work.
i don't think that's the case.

they having fixe prices..

i don't think that's the case.

they having fixe prices..
To be fair before I did this we had a window cleaner who charged us £20 a clean. No first clean charge just a straight forward £20, I have 7 windows and 2 doors. Another £5 if I wanted the conservatory cleaned too. He was in our street about 45 minutes cleaning 3 houses at a very leisurely pace. I drive past his house now and then and his van is often at home but I imagine he is probably comfortably making what I make.

Bottom line is not many on here will think these guys are a rip off. Your services are worth what you charge for them. They're working smarter not harder basically. They may only close 25% of their quotes but they're making 400% more than most cleaners in the area. I agree it's expensive but rip off is a bit more of an individual thing than that.

Back