Carts69

Hypo Strength for..

Carts69

Pressure washed a natural stone patio today, loads of black lichen spots remains.

any advice on what strength mix of 15% hypo will be effective, will a 50/50 mix be ok to use or can I go bit weaker?

padman

i have the 8% hypo and I end up using it neat most of the time these days to shift these lichen spots

Edited by padman

Carts69
1 minute ago, padman said:

i have the 8% hypo and I end up using it neat most of the time these days to shift these lichen spots

Yea don’t really wanna go neat, I’ve not charged enough for the job to go through anymore than 25 litres of the stuff

padman

How do you apply it - I use a electric sprayer which i find does not use loads,  i can then concentrate it on the bad bits and no over run onto other areas

Edited by padman

Carts69
3 minutes ago, padman said:

How do you apply it - I use a electric sprayer which i find does not use loads,  i can then concentrate it on the bad bits and no over run onto other areas

Ive only used it once before, I’ve made up a trolley system with a chemical resistant pump, it’s fully controllable but think last time I had it pumping out too much as I seemed to get through it pretty quick

Pjj

Depending on the severity of the black spots we never use more than 50/50 usually 4-1 will kill it then pressurewash it off never had a problem removing it , what pressurewasher Do you have ? 

Carts69
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Depending on the severity of the black spots we never use more than 50/50 usually 4-1 will kill it then pressurewash it off never had a problem removing it , what pressurewasher Do you have ? 

Briggs & Stratton 21 ltr 

scottish cleaning service

The best way I found cleaning sandstone is this. Spray whole area with water from a hose so that its soaking wet. Then spray the hypo on and try and get it to stick on bad areas. 45mins later PW whole area. Then inspect area and apply hypo to stubborn spots, neat on black spots. Wait another 30mins and PW off.

Pjj
10 hours ago, Carts69 said:

Briggs & Stratton 21 ltr 

Thats what hat I have , never have a problem getting rid of it , wet it up first to soften the lichen then fsc comes up like new , especially if you have treated it with a hypo mix first 

Incheck
21 hours ago, Pjj said:

Thats what hat I have , never have a problem getting rid of it , wet it up first to soften the lichen then fsc comes up like new , especially if you have treated it with a hypo mix first 

Is that the Elite 3000?

Pjj
2 hours ago, Incheck said:

Is that the Elite 3000?

Sorry not sure what you mean ?? I have the Briggs and Stratton v twin 21 let machine off Ben Marriot awesome bit of kit