Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My diy wfp trolley

Josh Foster

Here is some pictures and information for people on how my dad and me built my diy wfp trolley. All credit goes to my dad I was just there to pass tools and help when I could.

We used are as follows:

shruflow 100psi pump

Yusa 12v 7ah battery

Flow controller just a basic one

Electrical junction box 300m x 220 x 120

On/off switch

Stanely folding sack truck trolley.

All parts apart from trolley were bought from ebay.

I would just like to thank jimmyboots for his great post on making a diy trolley and Mark Munro (is he banned now) has great videos on YouTube. The idea with an electrical box is fantastic it really looks professional. Just in general this forum has been a fantastic help and thought I would post it to try and give back a little to the forum or at least I hope help or inspire people to make their own. 

20190301_145808.jpg

20190301_145912.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some pictures and information for people on how my dad and me built my diy wfp trolley. All credit goes to my dad I was just there to pass tools and help when I could.

We used are as follows:

shruflow 100psi pump

Yusa 12v 7ah battery

On/off switch

I would just like to thank jimmyboots for his great post on making a diy trolley and Mark Munro (is he banned now) has great videos on YouTube. The idea with an electrical box is fantastic it really looks professional. Just in general this forum has been a fantastic help and thought I would post it to try and give back a little to the forum or at least I hope help or inspire people to make their own. 

View attachment 15831

View attachment 15834
Nice one, really looks the part.

We used are as follows:

shruflow 100psi pump

Yusa 12v 7ah battery

On/off switch

View attachment 15831

View attachment 15834

Looks mint! Like the yellow/black colour scheme.

Where are your external switches and stuff?
Wow, looks awesome ! But as stated.Where are the buttons , switches etc or is it not fully working at the moment ?

Love the black hose, not seen that before!

How about a complete list of all the parts used. i.E. Holes,switches, charger etc.Brilliant build !

It is just a basic build it doesn't have a charging port or a volt meter. It has an on/off switch and a flow controller. I have listed all the main parts used, the other things used are jubilee clips, battery connectors, block end wire connectors all just small things. The only other main item used is how it is attached to the trolley we cut two flat bar pieces and then bolted them to the trolley.

Good stuff. Just built one myself but using a gardiners back pack. Was around £200 for everything also. I have a 10 meter reel attached to the sack truck which makes things a little easier. 

Looks neat, thanks for sharing.

I would suggest you put a (plastic?) washer behind the screws to the pwm controller to avoid bending the pcb.

Also a sort of shroud over the pwm controller could be a good idea in case you get a leak. And down the same alley; a hole in the bottom to drain potential water.

What would be a really handy improvement is what Pure Freedom have done with their fifty litre trolley a holder for your WFP pole so when your walking to a job you dont have to carry it. They have welded it into the frame. Handy if a fitting could just be bought. 

Having had a look at the Stanley Trolley I bought this, thinking it was an unbranded version but the same trolley but at a cheaper price - 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292705297322

It has a suspension, so when you tilt it back the load moves up really easy, and the load tilts on rough surfaces.  Used it this morning for the first time with my Gardiners back pack ratchet strapped to it.

It's a really good trolley for 35quid with 150kg load capacity. Think it was a one night special with 40 percent off. 60 quid now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back