Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which TDS reading?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good afternoon fellow windies.

I looked at my TDS reading after d.i today on my in-line meter and as usual, 000.

Its been like this for ages, so, I poured some of the water into a clean glass and took a reading with my handheld metre, it read 004!

The handheld metre is probably around 10 years old, but it’s a good one as I got it from Varitech.

Any ideas? ?

I looked at my TDS reading after d.i today on my in-line meter and as usual, 000.

Its been like this for ages, so, I poured some of the water into a clean glass and took a reading with my handheld metre, it read 004!

The handheld metre is probably around 10 years old, but it’s a good one as I got it from Varitech.

Any ideas? ?

Buy the fluid like I did and waste a few quid . I’ve just ordered a new handheld metre. Honestly don’t know what to **** is wrong with my inline readers as I changed the resin a only few weeks ago

Any ideas? ?
I'd do the test by either dipping into the tank or out of the WFP, always a slight risk of cross contamination using a vessel. If it's still reading 4 then you either need to replace or recalibrate your inline meter

Any ideas? ?
A bit different but what ive noticed consistently is that while producing the pure, its been reading 3 for ages, ( maybe time to change resin but I dont reckon) and when I take a reading after its been in a barrel or whatever for a while its down to 1 or 2, usually 1, so I def aint gonna change the resin yet.

Any ideas? ?
Try doing it at least twice in the glass. Put some pure in, swill it around and tip it out. I always get 000 the second time. Try an aerosol plastic cap as well. 

Back