Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Should Spruce Have A Special Status

Iron Giant

Staff member
A little bit of fun, but seen as @spruce is so helpful and informative and seemingly the fountain of knowledge should he have a special status which @Gav could do a logo for ? , I thought I had started a poll but not sure the options are. 

(A) The Oracle 
(B) The Elder 
(C) Something Else   

Last edited by a moderator:
A little bit of fun, but seen as @spruce is so helpful and informative and seemingly the fountain of knowledge should he have a special status which @Gav could do a logo for ? , I thought I had started a poll but not sure the options are. 
(A) The Oracel
(B) The Elder 
(C) Something Else   
(A) The oracle (As long as you spell it correctly)

I think we should change his ''Grand master'' thing like some others have done.

The Moderator. :1f609:
Pretty sure if Spruce wanted to be a mod he would have taken the job last time round. @Iron Giant is trying to do something nice not punish him ?

(A) The Oracle 
(B) The Elder 
(C) Something Else   

I'm just glad that I can help anyone who needs it. I don't ask for a fancy title or anything like that. I don't deserve that. I'm just one of the many 'cogs' in the gearbox on this forum who try to help others. I owe the water fed pole system for being able to earn a living these last 15 years because, without it's existance, I probably would be dead by now. I'm grateful for that.

When I started wfp window cleaning I knew nothing and there was very little information out there. There was 2 of us in this area who went wfp and we bounced off each other and tried to learn from each others progress and mistakes. I can understand how newbies feel when they first start out and feel for them because I haven't forgotten my early window cleaning beginnings.

I'm just glad that I can help anyone who needs it. I don't ask for a fancy title or anything like that. I don't deserve that. I'm just one of the many 'cogs' in the gearbox on this forum who try to help others. I owe the water fed pole system for being able to earn a living these last 15 years because, without it's existance, I probably would be dead by now. I'm grateful for that.

When I started wfp window cleaning I knew nothing and there was very little information out there. There was 2 of us in this area who went wfp and we bounced off each other and tried to learn from each others progress and mistakes. I can understand how newbies feel when they first start out and feel for them because I haven't forgotten my early window cleaning beginnings.
Very humble of you @spruce but you do go way above and beyond mate. There are a lot of us on here that enjoy helping people and just generally chatting sometimes but you go the extra mile. I'm not gonna lie sometimes I have to come back later and read what you put as it is so in depth. The amount of lurkers on this site or people who come on with a bunch of different questions never to be seen again is just a small example of what the general person is willing to do for others.

I genuinely appreciate all the help you've given me and should I ever get the opportunity I shall buy you a drink!

Very true. I reckon window cleaning has saved many of us. Also its true about giving advise. I do if I can, also I think a lot do forget about when they knew sweet fa. Im not too good at diy, I manage the basics and have a go, whereas one of my good mates is **** at anything where you have to read. I help him out and he helps me out. Mind you, I cant help still thinking some of the posters are not real, but thats another story ?

Very true. I reckon window cleaning has saved many of us. Also its true about giving advise. I do if I can, also I think a lot do forget about when they knew sweet fa. Im not too good at diy, I manage the basics and have a go, whereas one of my good mates is **** at anything where you have to read. I help him out and he helps me out. Mind you, I cant help still thinking some of the posters are not real, but thats another story ?
Agreed! Not many people though. There's a couple who hate it when you point out they're wrong also! Since the other forum went down and we were invaded i've kept an eye on what they get up to on there and they're mostly rude, obnoxious, willy wavers IMO. For every moron on here I reckon they have 10 ?

There are always going to be those whose posts don't seem to make sense to one reader but make perfect sense to another. Its the way of life.

I am also grateful for any help that I receive.For example, we have a retired motor mechanic over the road from our place. I do as much of my own vehicle maintenance and repairs that I can. If I'm stuck I will ask his advise. I've done 3 cambelt changes on my vehicles in the past 3 years. I don't have a cambelt tensioner gauge as many mechanics don't. So after I fitted the first belt I asked him to check its tension for me to be on the safe side. I did the same with the other two. He was happy to help and I'm happy to clean his one apex window he can't reach to clean himself - a job that takes a few moments which I do as a favour.

We have a good community spirit in our cul de sac and I'm glad I can contribute to it.

There are always going to be those whose posts don't seem to make sense to one reader but make perfect sense to another. Its the way of life.
I know what you mean, but I meant that I think its not a real newby sometimes but a fake one. ( only sometimes ) Might be wrong, just this hunch I have. In my sherlock moments haha.

What you're saying is Scooby is pretty useless without Shaggy ?
Legendary cartoon.

Very humble of you @spruce but you do go way above and beyond mate. There are a lot of us on here that enjoy helping people and just generally chatting sometimes but you go the extra mile. I'm not gonna lie sometimes I have to come back later and read what you put as it is so in depth. The amount of lurkers on this site or people who come on with a bunch of different questions never to be seen again is just a small example of what the general person is willing to do for others.

I genuinely appreciate all the help you've given me and should I ever get the opportunity I shall buy you a drink!
I would second that, very well put 

I am also grateful for any help that I receive.For example, we have a retired motor mechanic over the road from our place. I do as much of my own vehicle maintenance and repairs that I can. If I'm stuck I will ask his advise. I've done 3 cambelt changes on my vehicles in the past 3 years. I don't have a cambelt tensioner gauge as many mechanics don't. So after I fitted the first belt I asked him to check its tension for me to be on the safe side. I did the same with the other two. He was happy to help and I'm happy to clean his one apex window he can't reach to clean himself - a job that takes a few moments which I do as a favour.

We have a good community spirit in our cul de sac and I'm glad I can contribute to it.
A bit like the little street we live in there is only 4 houses and we have a shared courtyard well 5 houses but only 4 of us share the courtyard we all help each other were we can and do maintenance jobs together within the courtyard, one neighbour, me and my wife would be lost without him at times as he has helped us out with various jobs as is really handy and has the tools for most jobs, I usually pay him in beer or a free window clean. 

I was going to stop window cleaning 5 years ago  after clinging onto ladders and window ledges when wind is  swirling around you ,    I thought f this,  im not risking my life for dirty windows or  to keep a customer happy.

then I got a backpack,   started to  use a 200 Ro   .    Life has  changed for the better.       With these forums and the Help and Advice we Share  to one another   .  Without the WFP setup I don't know what I would be doing now.     

Big Thankyou to all the Guys who are willing to SHARE there gained knowledge and skills they have learned in this work.   There are lots on here who  whatch the forum to get further knowledge for there work without us knowing.

When I started Pressure washing SMURF  gave me lots of help to get the right  gear.    

Spruce also has  a good knowledge    and does not shy away to help .     

Thanks

Window Cleaning is one of the highest paid jobs per hour in this country for a  unskilled worker.    £20 /  £60  per hour..   I have great pleasure telling people this  to see there expression when they just class you as just a Window Cleaner.     Some still see you as a window cleaner just getting enough money to  get to the pub or club.   How its changed

One of the happiest days of my life was when I posted something and @sprucesaid he didn't know that ? It was a legal issue though not a technical one ?.  I would highlight his name to a Mod / Sponsor colour for his outstanding contributions to the page, even though he gets the hump with some people from time to time ?

One of the happiest days of my life was when I posted something and @sprucesaid he didn't know that ? It was a legal issue though not a technical one ?.  I would highlight his name to a Mod / Sponsor colour for his outstanding contributions to the page, even though he gets the hump with some people from time to time ?

I'm sorry. I'm getting to be a grumpy old man. I don't mean it.  We are missing an Emoji with a smiling face and a halo. ?

Latest Posts

Back