paul alan

FAO Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner
1 hour ago, Viggers said:

So Alex can you give us a rough idea of when the brushes will be ready for purchase 🤔

This month is what I am expecting 😊

The delay is down to the tooling for the stock. All samples and testing brushes have used 3D printed stocks and now we are simply waiting for the tooling to be finished so that we can injection mould a large quantity of the stocks.

Part Timer
4 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

If you read through the previous comments it should be this month 

Or next 😱

spruce
29 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Or next 😱

Definitely by the end of the year😂

P4dstar
4 hours ago, spruce said:

Definitely by the end of the year😂

Never said which year.

paul alan
46 minutes ago, Robbo said:

pic.jpg.d1f6a702b61ec56f658bc14b303e60ce.jpg

Oh my god!

A vision of what's to come

Alex Gardiner
Posted (edited)
On 09/04/2019 at 08:17, Alex Gardiner said:

This month is what I am expecting 😊

The delay is down to the tooling for the stock. All samples and testing brushes have used 3D printed stocks and now we are simply waiting for the tooling to be finished so that we can injection mould a large quantity of the stocks.

Not expecting them this month now

sad luke skywalker GIF

Edited by Alex Gardiner

Cleanco
1 hour ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Not expecting them this month now

sad luke skywalker GIF

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on here for a while now. Although I dont know what the digs about getting excited about a brush is all about? This is a window cleaning forum were people come to discuss window cleaning topics isn’t it?

paul alan

I love a new brush!

I bet no one gets as excited as Alex though, seeing as he makes a profit!

Alex, I have been using all the different brushes lately. I really like the tucker brushes as the Du-pont bristles are stiff and agitate very well. The big downside is weight, that's where you have a major advantage.

I like the Du-pont hybrid of yours, but the bristles are very soft and when splayed don't seem to be very effective. I would very much like to see an ultimate brush with dense Du-pont bristles, do you have any plans of making something similar?

I also have an X-line Du-pont, the one with the orange inner trim. I cut it down to the same length as an ultimate as the bristles were too lanky and clumsy for me. Its the best thing I could do to create my own Gardiner Ultimate brush with stiff Du-pont bristles!

I'm sure if you made one it would be much better.

Alex Gardiner
33 minutes ago, paul alan said:

I love a new brush!

Alex, I have been using all the different brushes lately. I really like the tucker brushes as the Du-pont bristles are stiff and agitate very well. The big downside is weight, that's where you have a major advantage.

I like the Du-pont hybrid of yours, but the bristles are very soft and when splayed don't seem to be very effective. I would very much like to see an ultimate brush with dense Du-pont bristles, do you have any plans of making something similar?

I also have an X-line Du-pont, the one with the orange inner trim. I cut it down to the same length as an ultimate as the bristles were too lanky and clumsy for me. Its the best thing I could do to create my own Gardiner Ultimate brush with stiff Du-pont bristles!

I am having some sample shorter bristle Super-lite dual-trim brushes made in all Dupont material - these should be denser and tougher than the Ultimate Dupont - drop me a line and I can get one over to you when they arrive.

Master Jedi Alejandro
57 minutes ago, paul alan said:

I love a new brush!

22 minutes ago, Alex Gardiner said:

I am having some sample shorter bristle Super-lite dual-trim brushes made in all Dupont material - these should be denser and tougher than the Ultimate Dupont - drop me a line and I can get one over to you when they arrive.

Can someone explain Du-pont? It seems to be all the rage and I have no idea what it is! 

My go to brush now is the Universal medium - soft. I love the side bristles as it compliments my ability - clumsy! 😅

I would love it if we would get bristles up the top of the stock also, so can catch the tops of frames (I have a number of customers who have a sort of pvc overhang on the window and I need to angle the brush to get them). 

Poor Alex, this thread has turned into a request list! 😂

Iron Giant

Dupont was all the rage about 2 years ago now its just the norm, Dupont bristles are more robust than monofilament I've had my Supreme Dupont in daily use for 6 months now and it's still going strong.

Den

My prototype extreme DuPont hybrid is still like new and that get used daily. 

dazmond

how are dupont bristles with hot water?

Den
1 minute ago, dazmond said:

Never tried with hot but they are a quite soft bristle I have the ultimate and extreme versions.

Viggers

Have to say at the moment, out of all my brushes the Supreme Dupont is my number 1 choice, absolutely love it all round lovely brush. Great at digging spider balls out on new cleans, moulds round frames lovely, great scrubbing power, and seems to get upstairs sills as well, very happy 

Iron Giant
17 minutes ago, Viggers said:

Have to say at the moment, out of all my brushes the Supreme Dupont is my number 1 choice, absolutely love it all round lovely brush. Great at digging spider balls out on new cleans, moulds round frames lovely, great scrubbing power, and seems to get upstairs sills as well, very happy 

Totally agree, I have new builds with deep plastic sills were the water can just sit and the Supreme helps a lot at swiping the water away as I need longer bristles for these and the ultimate wasn't up to the job and left upper sills dirty in some cases. 

steve garwood
1 hour ago, Viggers said:

What are those supreme doponts like with square leads or deep diamond leads?

I find my medium mixed sill brushes are a bit ‘jumpy’ with these.

Do the supreme doponts ‘glide’ over these?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Iron Giant

@steve garwood they are a good all rounder not as aggressive as monofilament bristles, not like those seagulls poke in the coconut he he 😅 

Viggers

Not had a problem with any type of glass, for leaded or delicate glass I just swop over to my supreme flocked brush, also a great brush, just think I prefer the oval type of brush instead of the rectangular ones. Always have done since the day of the Vikan Oval.

Moor

Love my DuPont supreme too, I would prefer it a little wider though.

Pjj
Posted (edited)
On 11/04/2019 at 07:57, dazmond said:

Not good I tried the x line DuPont brush it doesn’t deform them in shape but there is no scrubbing power with them they go like spaghetti strands 😬😬 I did one house with it and the brush has sat in the garage ever since 

Edited by Pjj

RWCleaning
36 minutes ago, Moor said:

Love my DuPont supreme too, I would prefer it a little wider though.

I thought the DuPont supreme would be too soft, as the nylon bristles are softish anyway, and the longer they are the more flexible they would be presumably?

Carts69
On 09/04/2019 at 20:07, paul alan said:

Oh my god!

A vision of what's to come

Looking a bit under nourished