Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

controlling flow of water from pole or hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Josh Foster

hi so I have my wfp trolley and wfp pole now but I need something to control the water to turn it on and off so i dont have to keep turning it on and off on the trolley. if i put a flow valve tap will this put strain on the pump its a pentair shurflow 100psi pump and is fitted in my own build. what would you recommend. using 6mm microbore. thanks in advance

The Univalve is hard to beat IMHO. It fits inside the top section of the pole and works by tugging on the hose at the base of the pole. Tug on, tug off. It works best if you use PU pole hose in the pole. I also use a trolley and as the longest hose I use is 25mtrs I only use pole hose. Most of the time however, an 18mtr hose suits my needs.

If your pump has a built in pressure switch and you are using a digital controller with a dead end calibration feature then you shouldn't have any problems with the pump. However, if you are not using such a controller or no controller at all then you might want to consider wiring a 40amp automotive relay into the circuit to protect the small microswitch in the built in pressure switch. This will significantly extend the life of the pressure switch.
Some seem to have little problems in this regard but others have been blighted with it. I've not had an issue with mine since doing this mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Univalve is the best I've used. Gardiners also has something new and it's cheaper but if you need a swivel then it won't be for you. Unger has a high-flo lever for around £15 or there's the push fit ball valves at around £10 which will leak at some point. 

Back