Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deformed Sill Brush / Hot Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jack b

Been using the Gardiner stiff sill brush with hot water for about a month and its become quite deformed with the bristles splayed out like a set of long eyelashes and wondered if anyone knew of a cunning way to return the bristles to their original straight form. Perhaps there isn't a way and its just a trade off from using hot water. Any ideas appreciated peeps.

Gardiners say put the bristles in boiling hot water and let them then cool and they will return to there original shape , I have never successfully managed to do it we used to use the sill brushes but changed to the supream , we use hot water with supream stiff brushes and find that they hold up very well and get virtually no deformation at all , but brush life is a maximum of 12 weeks , 

Mine is the same mate, ive had it a month as well. Can't seeing it lasting that long.
You don't use hot water either or have a missed your new van and hot water system ?

I have deformed bristles in the past with cold water use and I just pour boiling water over the brush as required to get them back to how they should be.  

I been taking 25l of hot water with me stays hot for a good few hours ? I will pour boiling water on it and see if it sorts it out.

Thanks guys, I knew you would have some good ideas. If they don't work, I might go over to a Supreme brush as PJJ suggests and give that a go. ?

Hairdryer bend bristles you want them to go? 
And I thought this was a forum for rough, tough, hairy a....d wìndow cleaners! ? 

Didn't realise we were also discussing hairdressing. 

Please don't take offence. Absolutely none meant. It's just the mental image of a wìndow cleaning brush being blow-dried and styled cracked me up. ?

I tried it when i couldnt get sill brushes to spread out properly, didnt really work with my brush, but doug from daqua said to try it.

I havent used a hair dryer on my hair for at least 25 years n i do have hair on top:) 

And I thought this was a forum for rough, tough, hairy a....d wìndow cleaners! ? 

Didn't realise we were also discussing hairdressing. 

Please don't take offence. Absolutely none meant. It's just the mental image of a wìndow cleaning brush being blow-dried and styled cracked me up. ?
Haha bristle would look good on my head being a baldy. 

Latest Posts

Back