Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners Backpack

Belfastcleaning

Product Name: gardiners backpack

Where to git it:gardiners website

Your rating out of 10: 8.5

Review:Not only does the gardiners backpack look good, it operates even better! This is my first and only backpack I have used and I am not disappointed in anyway.

The backpack is solidly built, looks and feels like it will last. The on/off switch, flow control, led battery gauge and hose outlet are all protected by a raised plastic perimeter, which will prevent damage from falling or things banging into it. 

The flow control is adjusted by a small twist ****. It has plenty of variation in pressure, and has no problem working at my 30ft work even on the low setting. 

It will sense dead ends quicker than my van mount. 

Red, yellow and green LEDs for battery level indicator. It has a very good battery life. 

I wanted a backpack with a larger capacity so 20lt suited me. I knew it was going to be heavy and for medical reasons I cannot carry it on my back. But it is slim and easily carried at your side. The handle is on the lid and is comfortable in the hand when carrying full.

The tank also comes with a removable filter, spare fuse and some other bits

Instructions were slightly hard to understand. But Alex answered all my queries. 

The battery can rattle if you make it, but while I have been using it I have yet to hear it rattling. Yes it would be better if it didn't, but I can't see it being a problem as its only slight movement, and if the backpack is tilted say more than 45*.. Do you need to tip it that much?

Not everytime but I have found myself taking 3-4 attempts to get lid on and find threads which can be annoying or maybe that's just me?

Also the straps, back support I think could be improved as its a big heavy pack and would need comfort for carrying on your back. The straps on the pack feel strong and secure. I haven't had it on my back, but can't imagine it being comfortable. I removed the straps and will be attaching it to a trolley

I cannot compare with any other backpacks, but I would recommend it.

Video/Pics: will update during week when I'm home

Good honest review. Agree with all the points and have found these on mine. Including the double dutch instructions!

Product Name: gardiners backpack

Where to git it:gardiners website

Your rating out of 10: 8.5

Review:Not only does the gardiners backpack look good, it operates even better! This is my first and only backpack I have used and I am not disappointed in anyway.

The backpack is solidly built, looks and feels like it will last. The on/off switch, flow control, led battery gauge and hose outlet are all protected by a raised plastic perimeter, which will prevent damage from falling or things banging into it. 

The flow control is adjusted by a small twist ****. It has plenty of variation in pressure, and has no problem working at my 30ft work even on the low setting. 

It will sense dead ends quicker than my van mount. 

Red, yellow and green LEDs for battery level indicator. It has a very good battery life. 

I wanted a backpack with a larger capacity so 20lt suited me. I knew it was going to be heavy and for medical reasons I cannot carry it on my back. But it is slim and easily carried at your side. The handle is on the lid and is comfortable in the hand when carrying full.

The tank also comes with a removable filter, spare fuse and some other bits

Instructions were slightly hard to understand. But Alex answered all my queries. 

The battery can rattle if you make it, but while I have been using it I have yet to hear it rattling. Yes it would be better if it didn't, but I can't see it being a problem as its only slight movement, and if the backpack is tilted say more than 45*.. Do you need to tip it that much?

Not everytime but I have found myself taking 3-4 attempts to get lid on and find threads which can be annoying or maybe that's just me?

Also the straps, back support I think could be improved as its a big heavy pack and would need comfort for carrying on your back. The straps on the pack feel strong and secure. I haven't had it on my back, but can't imagine it being comfortable. I removed the straps and will be attaching it to a trolley

I cannot compare with any other backpacks, but I would recommend it.

Video/Pics: will update during week when I'm home
To be honest since I acquired a wcw backpack the gardiners one has become redundant .

It's lighter and better to use .

The gardiners one operates between 1and 2 Lpm where as the wcw one you can go right down to 0 Lpm ideal for a scrub so it's just dribbling out so you don't waste water yet you ate still getting a little bit out at the same time .

Glad you got some destructions !!!!

I would love to know what them plastic things are for ????
Ha ha me too! Spent ages trying to work out what they were. Still haven't a clue!

To be honest you would think that gardiners and wcw would at least rebrand the packaging as well

As they are still using packaging for chemical sprayers in my opinion the packaging speaks a thousand words .

If you were looking for a chemical sprayer then fair enough but your not your buying a supposedly wfp backpack

I reckon all they do is just buy in a chemical sprayer chop the end off the the hose and bobs ya uncle .

None of this "upgraded pumps "etc .

If they had 2 out of 10 fail within 6 months they still quids in even if more failed they would be I wouldn't be surprised

If they were paying £30 to £40 per unit .

Your welcome pal.. Just to inform you I don't need to come first as I already have 2 pairs of gloves but 2nd or 3rd place will be fine by me /emoticons/wink.png

Your welcome pal.. Just to inform you I don't need to come first as I already have 2 pairs of gloves but 2nd or 3rd place will be fine by me /emoticons/wink.png
Are they yours on ebay I seen lol.

Just about to put up a review of them so I'm sure you'll be able to add to it seeing as you have more pairs than anyone else in the world lol.

Window cleaning warehouse backpack or gainders ? what should i go for ?
Wouldn't touch another WCW backpack, the speed controllers are cheap chinese rubbish and only last 2-3 months at most and cost £15 each for something I can make from maplin for

Wouldn't touch another WCW backpack, the speed controllers are cheap chinese rubbish and only last 2-3 months at most and cost £15 each for something I can make from maplin for

Doesn't matter what you get they are all chepo china made converted sprayers sold at a ridiculous high price for what they are if you ask me.

Back