Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 Storey gutter cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johneastmids

Hi guys,

been asked lately alot about gutter clearing, as an add on to my window cleanning.

Just wondering how to quote for this?

We are traditional window cleanners so will be doing it by hand.

Thanks john

Definitely invest in pro gutter tools mate it saves so much moving of the ladder. 

Always look at the roof to see how much moss is on it or whether there are overhanging trees. If either its probably a case they are bad and maybe a downpipe or two blocked.

standard 2 bed terrace or council type semi £60-£80

larger type semis £60-£120 depending on extensions or garages/conservatories, height, access etc etc,

detached houses are limitless really, some are small so could be £60 some are very large so could be £160-£200 + if its big farm house or mansion.

largest house i’ve won the quote on & done recently was the other week which was £160, large 5/6 bed detached + very large garage extension, took the two of us about 3 + hours, gutters were rammed and every downpipe blocked. Also had to re-direct a downpipe on the garage as it was blocked underground and old pipe was cemented in to ground. 

I’d stay away from large victorian terraces altogether if you can help it they’re a nightmare and the height is dangerous should really be done off a scaffold or cherry picker, or by someone who can be bothered to take the risk! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes those jobs where you can barely get your fingers in underneath the tiles are annoying. unless you’ve got a gutter vac camera or are bothered to strip the ladder off to get up and see how big the gap is then you’ve just got to hope you’re ok. Personally i quote and hope as i dont have a camera and dont fancy stripping the ladder off every time just to do a quote. Its not very often the gap isnt big enough but hey ho sometimes you’ve gotta earn a buck the hard way ? 

We will only take on gutter clearance work using the vac , I don’t mind getting the ladders out for the occasional problem but wouldn’t want to use them for doing a whole property , far to potentially dangerous especially with employees 

Have found end furthest away from downpipe to be closest gap between gutter and tiles .If its square line I have a pro gutter tool cut down a bit if gap is still too small use handle from 6" paint roller to hook muck out .

Latest Posts

Back