Tom burton

What’s the best prefilters guys

Tom burton

Hi guys I’m was wondering what the the best prefilters are thanks 

Tom burton

Hi guys I was just wondering what’s the best prefilters thanks 

CleanEze

Hi Tom, All i can add to this is in Suffolk my tap water is between 310 & 420 ppm on tds meter, it totally destroys D I Resin in no time ' as i found out lol' My R/O filter was knackerd as i purchased my set up 2nd hand & had no history of age of filters in it !

To my horror a replacement 29" r/o element was £ 570 not inc vat, so i managed to source a brand new Element 20" & housing for £220 all in.My ppm out of R/O is now 12ppm ! my old resin takes it down to 2ppm. But it goes through pre filters of Activated Carbon & fine filter straight from supply. Now im a happy bunny.

steve garwood

Fiberdyne filter.

Only need the one instead of 3. (Assuming a sediment filter isn’t required)

P4dstar

Most people have a sediment filter, carbon filter and then RO. If you're in an area with high calcium I think there is another filter but it is not commonly used.

The white filter is sediment, the blue/black one is carbon. Whats the purpose of the question @Tom burton? Are you looking to start purifying water? Whats the end goal of the question for you I mean?

hN93wBsNRTuXmMHFO2pp6Q.jpg

spruce
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tom burton said:

Hi guys I was just wondering what’s the best prefilters thanks 

This topic has been discussed many times in the past few months. A search will bring all these threads up. You will find out why @steve garwood responded the way he did and why you need a 5 micron filter rather than a 1 micron one.

Edited by spruce