Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Let's compare Van insurance quotes? :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HazelwoodWindowCleaning

I'd like to know how my Van insurance quote compares to other window cleaners. Here is my quote below.

Quote: £570 1 year comprehensive cover

Details of my quote: 

van: Citroen Dispatch 2004 diesel 1.9

added modifications: water tank fixed to chassis, disability ramp (van has one of these pre installed when I bought and not worth removing lol), roof rack

Included extra's: none

value of van: £1000

miles: 65,000

van left on street outside

only 7,000 miles cover (part time)

My details:

no claims

3rd year driving quote

2 years NCD

I have my insurance with Aviva, their quote came in £250 cheaper than any other company I rang. I remember my first year quote first came out to £1250 on a comparison website. After spending hours trying to get a cheaper quote ringing insurers I managed to get my first year for somewhere around £800 - £850. My second year came out to £674 and now £570. 

For a 24 year old only driving for 2 years this seems like a great price to me. I'd like to know what some of the more experienced older chaps on here pay just out of interest. Also what similar people to me are paying, maybe I could be getting even cheaper insurance?

Cheers, Jake

I'd like to know how my Van insurance quote compares to other window cleaners. Here is my quote below.

Quote: £570 1 year comprehensive cover

Details of my quote: 

van: Citroen Dispatch 2004 diesel 1.9

added modifications: water tank fixed to chassis, disability ramp (van has one of these pre installed when I bought and not worth removing lol), roof rack

Included extra's: none

value of van: £1000

miles: 65,000

van left on street outside

only 7,000 miles cover (part time)

My details:

no claims

3rd year driving quote

2 years NCD

I have my insurance with Aviva, their quote came in £250 cheaper than any other company I rang. I remember my first year quote first came out to £1250 on a comparison website. After spending hours trying to get a cheaper quote ringing insurers I managed to get my first year for somewhere around £800 - £850. My second year came out to £674 and now £570. 

For a 24 year old only driving for 2 years this seems like a great price to me. I'd like to know what some of the more experienced older chaps on here pay just out of interest. Also what similar people to me are paying, maybe I could be getting even cheaper insurance?

Cheers, Jake
That is a pretty good price all things considering yeh. Think mine is £500 or just over for the year. Vw Caddy Maxi 2010.

1.9D

Tank fitted like you 

12,000 miles a year business & social 

Windscreen cover

£100,000 legal cover & courtesy van cover.

Im 29 and been driving for 12yrs.  

The thing is there are so many variables to an insurance quote so making a comparison to your own vehicle etc isn't like for like to say mine, I have over 18 years driving experience no ncd as I was always on a policy with my wife, I have a 5k van 350ltr tank strapped in and only drive 3,000 miles a year and my policy costs less than £300, Back in November of last year, Aviva quoted me well over 1k ? how does that sound said the young lass on the phone I didn't know whether to swear or laugh at her. 

Last edited by a moderator:
our is £4k fleet insurance

Covers

2014 defender

3 x vivaros (2008/2010/2011)

any employee cover £250 excess

covers us for anything including staff misuse etc

Renault Kangoo 1.9 no idea of age but Its old!

fixed 400ltr tank

van garaged each night

one speeding endorsement 

£250 

Small replacement curtesy van should I have an accident

£200 excess 

Way too many variables. In my home town you can go change postcodes from WA10 to L34 (Possibly L35) on the same road. The people in L34 used to literally pay double.

That said;

2018 Citroen dispatch 1.6

On lease (Which increases the insurance as you don't own it)

GL10 postcode

10k miles per year

Parked on the driveway

500L water tank bolted to the floor and declared

5 years NCD (Protected)

2 none fault accidents

1 fault accident

3 points and £100 fine - SP30 (Exceeding statutory speed limit)

34 years old

Licence held for 12 years

Additional drivers - 34 years old, licence held for 15 years, no crashes or claims

£45.56 deposit - £43.01 per month for 10 months (£475)... Then we had to remove the second driver and pay a one off supplement of £220 ?

Way too many variables. In my home town you can go change postcodes from WA10 to L34 (Possibly L35) on the same road. The people in L34 used to literally pay double.

That said;

2018 Citroen dispatch 1.6

On lease (Which increases the insurance as you don't own it)

GL10 postcode

10k miles per year

Parked on the driveway

500L water tank bolted to the floor and declared

5 years NCD (Protected)

2 none fault accidents

1 fault accident

3 points and £100 fine - SP30 (Exceeding statutory speed limit)

34 years old

Licence held for 12 years

Additional drivers - 34 years old, licence held for 15 years, no crashes or claims

£45.56 deposit - £43.01 per month for 10 months (£475)... Then we had to remove the second driver and pay a one off supplement of £220 ?
Who’s that with P4dstar?

I was with Aviva until they bumped up the price by about £250 a year. I've been with Admiral for the last 2 years, this year it was £297. 9+ years ncd, protected, legal insurance, carriage of own goods (no mention of tank, so no need to say anything) 20k miles a year, 2 year old van, sign written, parked on drive, just me insured to drive.

Aviva 

2 claims 1 fault 1 non fault

8k miles

2015 vivaro van

X2 named drivers

Both 32 years old driving 15 years 

East Yorkshire

3 years ncb on this van

7 years ncb on another vehicle 

Full personal and business use

Price for year £240

Excess £450

I must be getting robbed mine is around £750.

Transit custom mk9

9 years ncd,

650 tank, legal cover, protected,etc

Mine is probably more as in the event of a claim they give me a courtesy vehicle with a reach and wash system in it

Who’s that with P4dstar?
I got the quote from thevaninsurer.co.uk. It's with Autonetinsurance. I would not recommend them under any circumstances. They ask for scanned versions of your driving licence and online access to your driver record.

If you use that comparison site above do it through Topcashback and you'll get £30 cash back.

Also don't sign up on the site, you need to call them to tell them about the tank etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Transit custom mk9

9 years ncd,

Mine is probably more as in the event of a claim they give me a courtesy vehicle with a reach and wash system in it
Nice. Yep courtesy van is a great idea, I wouldn’t go with out it. Not for our work. Last year I had a ambulance smash into the back of me. Got given a brand new 18 plate custom, with a ionic hot water system. I didn’t want to give it back haha. Had it for over 2 weeks.

Nice. Yep courtesy van is a great idea, I wouldn’t go with out it. Not for our work. Last year I had a ambulance smash into the back of me. Got given a brand new 18 plate custom, with a ionic hot water system. I didn’t want to give it back haha. Had it for over 2 weeks.
Haha, that's like torture being given a really nice setup only to have to give it back a couple weeks later. Like here's a taste of what you could have ?. Nice though, it's a good reason to have a courtesy van on the insurance.

Yeh I really thought I was the dogs b*llocks for those two weeks. 
Like this?

200.gif

And this is you going back to your old van...

200.gif

a plan  £700 thats with an any fault courtesy reach and wash van £2000 tool cover     2008  fiat scudo 1600  about 10000000 miles 

parked on my drive in a very low crime area 

Transit custom mk9

9 years ncd,

If you are with A Plan you're getting robbed they will tell you what you want to hear and make out like a courtesy van is the be all and end all. 

If you are with A Plan you're getting robbed they will tell you what you want to hear and make out like a courtesy van is the be all and end all. 

Yeah A Plan are defiantly not the cheapest but they are only one off two insurance firms who offer a wfp system with a courtesy van.

With the type of work I do I can't be with out a van and system.

I will only ever know how good they are in the event of a claim but with a bit of luck I hope I never have to find out.

Latest Posts

Back