Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Professional softwashing company ??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is a job a so called professional  softwashing company have done , they have managed to kill all the grass, and not remove a lot of red algy, I just don’t understand how they get away with it I know I couldn’t !! 

A60F8D87-0401-4250-924E-6AF4500663AE.jpeg

0D8F6EEA-A947-4624-BA27-DE989A06BC25.jpeg

BDC4505D-2083-49C6-8172-6E07708569C8.jpeg

You should see the state some company has left some buildings they charged well in excess of £100k, I think nearly £150k, in Cambridge. Dark patches starting to show up and they only finished 3 months ago.

I know what you mean , how on earth can you walk away from a job and leave it looking like that and submit an invoice for payment ?????? I would be embarrassed to admit I had evan done the job , 

This is part of the reason i’m so cautious and don’t want to jump out of my depth when it comes to softwashing. I’d hate to produce a job like that. I did 3 drives last year to start me off and good results but i’m still not ready to take the plunge & do house faces etc yet.

Just to ask, what’s the best way to clean brick walls, (not garden walls) house walls i mean. I’ve heard pressure washing could be risky & may not be the proper way to do it but have my doubts softwashing alone would do it. My main worry is water getting through to insulation etc as there are often cracks or gaps in brick & cement walls.

Theres a guy in my area who does houses with brick walls says he uses a pressure washer with a long telescopic lance, i’m not sure if he uses hypo as well. I didnt really want to ask him the full ins and outs of how he does it, as im obviously a competitor then, so just wondering if any of you have a clear answer?

I turned a huge job down last week through lack of confidence, id rather preserve my rep and not get ahead of myself than take the risk

Last edited by a moderator:
This is part of the reason i’m so cautious and don’t want to jump out of my depth when it comes to softwashing. I’d hate to produce a job like that. I did 3 drives last year to start me off and good results but i’m still not ready to take the plunge & do house faces etc yet.

Just to ask, what’s the best way to clean brick walls, (not garden walls) house walls i mean. I’ve heard pressure washing could be risky & may not be the proper way to do it but have my doubts softwashing alone would do it. My main worry is water getting through to insulation etc as there are often cracks or gaps in brick & cement walls.

Theres a guy in my area who does houses with brick walls says he uses a pressure washer with a long telescopic lance, i’m not sure if he uses hypo as well. I didnt really want to ask him the full ins and outs of how he does it, as im obviously a competitor then, so just wondering if any of you have a clear answer?

I turned a huge job down last week through lack of confidence, id rather preserve my rep and not get ahead of myself than take the risk

We dont have many brick brick buildings down hear to be honest , but we have softwashed a few brick garden walls that are exactly the same as a house wall , they come up very well all the ones we have done come up like new , you don’t realise just how dirty they are especially the cement between the bricks untill you clean it . The job in the photos I put up I was shocked at the results we do a lot of softwashing and I have never left something looking like that , there is no justifiable reason to leave it like that it’s just very poor workmanship, 

Yeah i’m with you it’s the same way i’ve done the odd garden/patio brick or stone wall. i just watched a video of purple rhino doing house brick walls with a doff steam cleaner. That looks like the ticket for sure. i cant justify the expense of buying one of those, i dare say with the huge jobs they do they can get the machines full worth in no time, but me doing residential only it would take a while to make the money back and also don’t know how many customers could afford it. Priced a few jobs on large detached houses recently and only won 1/4 quotes so...?‍♂️ 

Back