Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40/40 membrane replacement help.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmy O

spacer.png
Hi all, I’m struggling to get the end circlips on the end of my membrane housing. I’ve replaced the membrane, put in the O rings  and housing and tapped with a hammer as suggested but the circlips aren’t fitting ! Any help gratefully received thanks James. 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190306-131428_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190306-131428_Gallery.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
If the circlips aren't fitting in their groove then the membrane isn't seated properly. Try to lubricate the o rings with some silicone grease or a thin smear of Vaseline.

I had the RO seated correctly, it was simply a case of the end caps needing a good hard tap with a club hammer and I’m sure the silicone helped too, after this the circlips fitted in perfectly. My tap water is around 200, the RO is bringing it down to 4/5 so working as it should. Thanks again for all the advice, James. 

Im having terrible trouble getting the end cap on mine.ive used the club hammer to get the cap down so that the groove the white ring clip sits into is exposed...but i cant get the end cap down far enough so the clip will fit on...im walloping the cap with the hammer but its just not going any further...can anyone help??? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back