Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

D.I.Y Van Set Up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AdamHef

Hiya guys just after some

concerete Info on what I’ll need for a van set up please...

• a tank ( any suggestions? )

• a pump ( any suggestions? )

• a battery ( any suggestions? )

• and whatever else I have missed out?

Purifying the water isn’t an issue as I already have a di unit from using the backpack me also quite local to a spotless water station.

thank you 

Tank & steel retaining frame. If your van carry legally carry the weight then I’d recommend a 500L wydale baffled tank & steel frame. 

I use the Gardiner pole systems delivery pump, think it’s £80+vat. And you’ll need their pump controller as well. 

Any well reviewed leisure battery. I got mine from a well reviewed motor home site I think, 3yrs ago now. Think it was £45/£50. 

You’ll obviously need a hose reel as well. I use and recommend the GrippaTank microbore. 100meters with a metal reel. 

and whatever else I have missed out?
Sooooooo much stuff... Most things in the picture and some that aren't.

Best thing to do is have a look at as many possible set ups as possible. Start shopping on the big suppliers website and then plan your system out. Work it out from one bit to the next....

Tank > Tank Frame > Tank outlet > hose to pump > how you will mount the pump... and so on.

Once you have a plan in mind right through to the pole and what brush heads you will find a few more bits you'll need. Every set up is different and everyone thinks theirs is best.

nr43SHD6Sme7FmEEG%FLKA.jpg

Tank & steel retaining frame. If your van carry legally carry the weight then I’d recommend a 500L wydale baffled tank & steel frame. 

I use the Gardiner pole systems delivery pump, think it’s £80+vat. And you’ll need their pump controller as well. 

Any well reviewed leisure battery. I got mine from a well reviewed motor home site I think, 3yrs ago now. Think it was £45/£50. 

You’ll obviously need a hose reel as well. I use and recommend the GrippaTank microbore. 100meters with a metal reel. 
Cheers for that mate! Yer got a pole and hose etc just now wanting a van system and fancy giving it a go myself I guess main thing is getting water from tank > hose and I have no idea about pumps so that’s been helpful thank you 

Back