Jump to content
Red razor Ronnie

Rain gods don't stop us



Recommended Posts

steve garwood
1 hour ago, Cleanco said:

Each to their own I suppose. The beauty about working for yourself is that you don’t have to work around a strict routine. Much prefer to work in the sun on a Saturday for a few hours than get wet through workin in the rain and end up making your self ill. I used to hate it back when I was an employee as I had no choice. Your only doing the same work but on different days of the week and whatever I had planned for the weekend I’ll do on my day off. Simples.👍

Saturday isn’t just a ‘different day’ though.

There’s football to go to, horse racing, local pub is vibrant. But more importantly, my wife and sons are not working on the weekends, so can also spend time with them.

As I said, I love weekends and weekdays don’t compare in my opinion.

But as you say, each to their own 

Share this post


Link to post
Cleanco
4 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Saturday isn’t just a ‘different day’ though.

There’s football to go to, horse racing, local pub is vibrant. But more importantly, my wife and sons are not working on the weekends, so can also spend time with them.

As I said, I love weekends and weekdays don’t compare in my opinion.

But as you say, each to their own 

I’m guessing from your avatar that your a millwall fan? If so I rest my case........

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
44 minutes ago, Cleanco said:

I’m guessing from your avatar that your a millwall fan? If so I rest my case........

 

123DD963-8D16-4FC6-957E-155827276FB1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Red razor Ronnie

No 1 likes us we don't care 😉

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Millwall has a reputation hanging over it which I don’t think it deserves anymore. A very very small percentage of fans cause trouble. The club does a lot of good in the community i here. 

@steve garwood is there still a section closed off atm ? 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
26 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Millwall has a reputation hanging over it which I don’t think it deserves anymore. A very very small percentage of fans cause trouble. The club does a lot of good in the community i here. 

@steve garwood is there still a section closed off atm ? 

No, not anymore.

Millwall do have nutters. I will admit it’s something I’ve flirted with in the past, however, now is very different, you will only find trouble if you’re looking for it.

As the saying goes, if you pull a lions tail expect to be bitten.

Both my sons have been mascots and for doing schemes in a clubs surrounding area, Millwall won football club of the year last season.

If it’s good enough for Liz, it’s good enough for me 👍

EAFD388E-F023-46C5-B098-8122EB6AB053.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Cleanco
2 hours ago, steve garwood said:

 

123DD963-8D16-4FC6-957E-155827276FB1.jpeg

Is that you at the game or your mrs when you get back😳

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood

Anyway, back on topic to the people I want to communicate with, just out of interest, when you switched to WFP, did you tell them from now on you can work in the rain?

Its a good idea to do so, or they’ll always have the mentality that you shouldn’t be doing it 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Red razor Ronnie

Lot ov fussy tight  people up north who think there wasting the money !you know the ones that u can do in rain workers who won't be there to moan 😀for example we clean 100 statics on a retirement site it's a no go area in the rain 

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning
5 hours ago, steve garwood said:

No, not anymore.

Millwall do have nutters. I will admit it’s something I’ve flirted with in the past, however, now is very different, you will only find trouble if you’re looking for it.

As the saying goes, if you pull a lions tail expect to be bitten.

Both my sons have been mascots and for doing schemes in a clubs surrounding area, Millwall won football club of the year last season.

If it’s good enough for Liz, it’s good enough for me 👍

EAFD388E-F023-46C5-B098-8122EB6AB053.jpeg

Fair enough.

West ham fans are harder anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
21 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Fair enough.

West ham fans are harder anyway...

Looking forward to the reply 😁

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
46 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Fair enough.

West ham fans are harder anyway...

 

5B42B027-E89A-4BC1-91D2-1D50285D5A4F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Living in Bournemouth we don’t have a rivalry really. Southampton, 30 miles away but their beef is with Portsmouth. 

 

I remember back around ‘99 going to Bournemouth V Leeds with dad. I would of been 8 or 9. And my dad made us leave early and we had to walk really fast home. It was only when we got home he told me that the Leeds fans had been trying to get into the Bournemouth crowd to fight. And apparently that evening they smashed up a pub and a few shops & cars. Shame. 

Dont really know why they did. 

You seen much action @steve garwood ?

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
13 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

Fair enough.

West ham fans are harder anyway...

🎣🎣🎣

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
6 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

Living in Bournemouth we don’t have a rivalry really. Southampton, 30 miles away but their beef is with Portsmouth. 

 

I remember back around ‘99 going to Bournemouth V Leeds with dad. I would of been 8 or 9. And my dad made us leave early and we had to walk really fast home. It was only when we got home he told me that the Leeds fans had been trying to get into the Bournemouth crowd to fight. And apparently that evening they smashed up a pub and a few shops & cars. Shame. 

Dont really know why they did. 

You seen much action @steve garwood ?

Ashamed to admit yes. I used to love it when I was in my twenties.

The buzz of being on an away turf mobbed up with Millwall then having it with their boys was very addictive.

I got nicked at ewood park, white hart lane and then at elland road.

On the third court appearance I was nearly 25 and was told by the judge one more appearance and I was looking at a custodial sentence. Time to stop.

I went to school with one of Millwalls top boys to this day. He is 53 and owns a very big electrical firm, a very rich man.

I saw him in a pub in Bermondsey a month or so back and asked him why he still does it.

He replied he’s given up smoking and coke, but the buzz of hooligism is to strong for him.

My mates and I just have a good beer at home games now and cheer them on even though the football at the den this season has been dreadful apart from the Everton game 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
mrtaytay
19 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Ashamed to admit yes. I used to love it when I was in my twenties.

The buzz of being on an away turf mobbed up with Millwall then having it with their boys was very addictive.

I got nicked at ewood park, white hart lane and then at elland road.

On the third court appearance I was nearly 25 and was told by the judge one more appearance and I was looking at a custodial sentence. Time to stop.

I went to school with one of Millwalls top boys to this day. He is 53 and owns a very big electrical firm, a very rich man.

I saw him in a pub in Bermondsey a month or so back and asked him why he still does it.

He replied he’s given up smoking and coke, but the buzz of hooligism is to strong for him.

My mates and I just have a good beer at home games now and cheer them on even though the football at the den this season has been dreadful apart from the Everton game 🙂

You managed to beat my team, Derby, the other week, with only one shot on target. It was an awful game, but fair play to Millwall for taking their chance.

 

On the subject of weather, this has been my worst run of weather in the last 12 months. I lost 2.5 days last week because of the rain and the winds this week are making ladder work impossible. It's also very noticeable as to how quickly the windows mucky up again in this wind. It can happen in the space of a day

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Yeh and also the wind is crazy as well atm.  It’ll be calm one minute, then enough to blow over a step ladder the next minute.

 

Yesterday was the heaviest rain I’d seen in months around lunch time. I had the windows closed and the telly on yet the rain outside was so loud hitting my neighbours porch roof. 

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning
22 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Ashamed to admit yes. I used to love it when I was in my twenties.

The buzz of being on an away turf mobbed up with Millwall then having it with their boys was very addictive.

I got nicked at ewood park, white hart lane and then at elland road.

On the third court appearance I was nearly 25 and was told by the judge one more appearance and I was looking at a custodial sentence. Time to stop.

I went to school with one of Millwalls top boys to this day. He is 53 and owns a very big electrical firm, a very rich man.

I saw him in a pub in Bermondsey a month or so back and asked him why he still does it.

He replied he’s given up smoking and coke, but the buzz of hooligism is to strong for him.

My mates and I just have a good beer at home games now and cheer them on even though the football at the den this season has been dreadful apart from the Everton game 🙂

Fair enough. Good on you for admitting it but getting yourself out of it. It’s a dangerous lifestyle I think, so many people under the influence of cocaine now, it’s so common, which heightens your aggression levels massively but also numbs pain when in a fight apparently, a bad combination. Plus so many people carry knives sadly. Too dangerous & scary. 

 

I’m naturally the opposite, I don’t like confrontation really and will always try to defuse a scenario unless it’s gone too far. 

 

I remember watching a documentary on football violence a few months ago, following a spurs fan for some of it. He was addicted to the lifestyle too. He seemed like a nice normal bloke as well.

 

I had Millwall scrapping 6th in my August predictions on a WhatsApp group I’m in, I watched a lot of their televised games last year, was really impressed with them. 

 

You fancy your chances against Brighton? 

Share this post


Link to post
ksp

I’ve missed yesterday and today due to the weather. I was hoping to get out tomorrow but currently darksky is saying it’s dangerous windows tomorrow as well. 

 

Guess its it’s a case of catching up on busy work and waiting for this to blow over 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
1 hour ago, RWCleaning said:

Yeh and also the wind is crazy as well atm.  It’ll be calm one minute, then enough to blow over a step ladder the next minute.

 

Yesterday was the heaviest rain I’d seen in months around lunch time. I had the windows closed and the telly on yet the rain outside was so loud hitting my neighbours porch roof. 

I was clearing gutters in Newmarket yesterday, pulled on site at 1.00 and at 5 past the heavens opened. Gutter vac was full of water in 20 minutes, did make the gutters easier to clear though. What I really struggled with was how cold it actually was as well.

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
1 hour ago, RWCleaning said:

Fair enough. Good on you for admitting it but getting yourself out of it. It’s a dangerous lifestyle I think, so many people under the influence of cocaine now, it’s so common, which heightens your aggression levels massively but also numbs pain when in a fight apparently, a bad combination. Plus so many people carry knives sadly. Too dangerous & scary. 

 

I’m naturally the opposite, I don’t like confrontation really and will always try to defuse a scenario unless it’s gone too far. 

 

I remember watching a documentary on football violence a few months ago, following a spurs fan for some of it. He was addicted to the lifestyle too. He seemed like a nice normal bloke as well.

 

I had Millwall scrapping 6th in my August predictions on a WhatsApp group I’m in, I watched a lot of their televised games last year, was really impressed with them. 

 

You fancy your chances against Brighton? 

Honest answer, no.

Better let the topic continue before we get told off 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning
23 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I was clearing gutters in Newmarket yesterday, pulled on site at 1.00 and at 5 past the heavens opened. Gutter vac was full of water in 20 minutes, did make the gutters easier to clear though. What I really struggled with was how cold it actually was as well.

Yeh I know, was freezing here, van dropped down to 3.5 degrees while I was driving in the afternoon. 

 

And yeh, I like wet moss & leaves, but if the down pipes are partly blocked, sucking up loads of standing water is annoying. The vac weighs a ton! 

3 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Honest answer, no.

Better let the topic continue before we get told off 🙂

Ok. It’s good to see you’ve channelled all the passion & aggression into the windows👍 Haha

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.