Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What equipment is needed

Daveypee

Hi

I have been carpet and floor cleaning for over 10 years and now would like to get into window cleaning, mainly commercial if possible.

What equipment would be best for a smallish van?  I see lots of start-up packages around, but don't want to buy something that's not up to it.

Thanks in advance.

If you're looking to do commercial work you'll really need a 650 litre tank. Unless you're working an area that has places where you can buy pure in. 

On big commercial jobs you can get through 100 litres an hour easily. 

Thanks, whats needed gear wise please?
Tank, Tank frame, Pump, hose reel, hose for said hose reel, pole, brushes.... Loads of other little bits. Probably best to have a look through some YouTube videos at set ups to give you more of an idea.

What do you know about the water fed pole system at the moment?

This subject has been covered 457 times in the last fortnight.

@Daveypee, have a look on the search option, loads of helpful information on there ?
This needs a 
200.gif
 answer classification 

On the whole, as a forum, we welcome all newbies and questions but also please use the search bar as most topics have been covered previously and then maybe ask a question within a previous topic or start a new if needed, you may not get a direct hit depending on the title search but have a scroll through and also have a scroll through recent topics dating back last 4-8 weeks even as we cover a lot of topics on a daily weekly and monthly basis and members provide informative answers ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What we need is a problem solving flow chart for potential windies to follow who are overwhelmed by the process of wfp and producing water.

It could be something like this.

Is your drill working when you pull the trigger?  Yes;  takes you to another box - you have no problem. If you answered no; Is the drill plugged into the wall socket? No. Then plug your power lead into the socket and switch the socket on. Does you drill operate now? Yes - you have no problem.

It could become pretty complicated - like my family tree program.

What we need is a problem solving flow chart for potential windies to follow who are overwhelmed by the process of wfp and producing water.

It could be something like this.

Is your drill working when you pull the trigger?  Yes;  takes you to another box - you have no problem. If you answered no; Is the drill plugged into the wall socket? No. Then plug your power lead into the socket and switch the socket on. Does you drill operate now? Yes - you have no problem.

It could become pretty complicated - like my family tree program.

I agree a flow chart would be a good idea, So to all member's your homework for the weekend is to create a flow chart then  we as a community can judge the best one and have @Gav have placed as a permanent post pinned to the top of the wfp or https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/forum/59-help-guides-and-tutorials/ I am also thinking that maybe this should be at the very top of the home page.

I will have a look at some free software and have a go as well but don't hold your breath as I ain't good at new things ?

Back