Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ground floor brush and pole experiment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

I started wfp about 15 years ago. I had fibreglass poles one for 2nd floor, one for first and one for ground floor.

Now got a slx25 for second and first floor, brilliant.

I have a lot of days when I clean houses and leave the slx25 extended for first and use the small pole for ground floor, I find it quicker than using the slx25 for both.

last year I bought a small aluminium pole on ebay for £1.99, replaced the fibreglass one, great but cold in the winter.

So I bought a clx4 with a superlite medium mixed brush,lovely.

However I have experimented and found the best combination is the clx4 with my old 9 inch vikan brush, the brush might be heavy but at ground floor level it's the best general purpose brush, great for leaded, upvc and wooden frames.

So there you go, CLX4 and vikan brush is the way ahead for ground floors!!

My bungelow pole is clx4 with ultimate medium soft great combination, I’m not buying another brush as I have enough brushes to last 10 lifetimes lol. 

I usually do this on my commercials were there’s rows upon rows of windows but I don’t think it would work so well on my houses. Would be a bit of a ball ache carrying two poles around with you from house to house. Would have thought a bit dangerous too carrying an extended 25 plus another small pole whilst also dragging your hose over gardens and around cars etc. Deffo works well on bigger jobs though or if there’s two of you, one doing the tops and one doing the bottoms. It only takes a couple of seconds to extend a pole. Maybe you need a lighter main pole. I used to trad the bottoms but since wfping everything I deffo noticed more pains in my elbows and shoulder working at different angles doing the bottoms wfp. Been a lot better since investing in a lighter main pole. Back when I was trad I used to see a guy on my round that carried a double extension ladder an a-frame and his bucket all at once. Looked an absolute mare. Much easier just to use the double extension for everything. Sometimes overkill but a lot easier in the long run. 

my issue with using one pole is not just the extending, it's using an slx 22/25 for ground floor is a pain as they're still too long, especially when you're down the side of a house and haven't got much space, the clx4 is a couple of foot at it's shortest and is perfect .

Na I’m joking of course. Was just being silly earlier. Would love to leave a future employee on a big cladding commercial with just the 12cm Brush haha 

Back